Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 1

Who will win?

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A few observations from Munich:

Pascal: he's my favourite ever Brighton player so I was mesmerised when he came on, especially when he made about 100 passes in the first five minutes. A class act.

Gilmour: gutted that was his introduction and didn't really seem to get intuitive the game. He looked properly gutted - understandably, but almost more than others - when they went to clap the fans (he was right in front of us)

Scottish fans: to be fair, they were great. Fantastic voices before the game and during - and the bunch in front of us were pretty philosophical about the game. They thought they were gash, but didn't really know why. I think most were just happy to be there. We didn't venture near the town to see the 200k of them but the ones inside the stadium were a credit to their country.

Stadium: hugely impressive and generates a decent noise. Interesting to see the Allianz branding ripped off the side of it as we went in. No padded seats though...

Scotland: not great at all. I was sat next to Norwich fan who had mixed views about the players from his team on the pitch. Gunn had a shocker a few times.

VAR: the descriptions make a MASSIVE difference inside the stadium. It's clearly not perfect, but better than being none the wiser.

Germany: decent, but it was like a training game for them. Especially the passages of passing when Groß was pinging it about.

I never thought I'd end up being at the opening game of an international football tournament. Let alone one with a Brighton player featuring on both sides. What a time to be alive!

PG 5 - 1 BG

Attachments

• 20240614_225543.jpg
    20240614_225543.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 79

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Surprise 1 nil win to Scotland.
With hindsight, do you want to try again?:)

I remember watching Scotland fail to qualify for a World Cup with a Scots colleague. When asked who he would support at the tournament, he said whoever you're playing. So, delghted to see that score.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
step 1 of the plan has worked, put the Swiss and hungarians off guard - tick as completed
step2 - beat said Swiss on Wednesday
step 3 - create huge optimism……

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At last ITV put on a decent comedy.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Scotland fans on a GermanTV sports report.

Watch till end!

How can you tell a Scotsman's clan?

Lift up his kilt - if it's a quarter-pounder he's a McDonald. (Anything less, he's a Wimpy...).

Sorry - about 40 years old, but I can only remember really ancient 'jokes' now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here