Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa Cup Final

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Don't managers learn you can't put a player on for 2 minutes then expect them to take a penalty.
5 gems from Frankfurt though.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Well the Rangers goalie, who McCoist and the rest of the commentary team were saying was one of the best penalty savers on the planet, saved the same number as my mum would have.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well the Rangers goalie, who McCoist and the rest of the commentary team were saying was one of the best penalty savers on the planet, saved the same number as my mum would have.

To be fair no keeper is getting near any of those.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ramsey from Wales has his decisive penalty saved when playing for a Scottish team.

Should Scotland beat Ukraine on 1st June, the Wales v Scotland World Cup playoff might just have a bit more edge.
Rangers are hated all over Scotland, not just Celtic. Take a look at Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs forums and they're all delighted.

So the only difference will be that Ramsey will probably get a nice clap from the tartan army, hardly any of whom are apparently to be seen at Ibrox.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
True. I would have banked on them hiting one straight down the middle which, if hit low, would have hit my mum. But they are a Getman team, so they didn't do that.

And thank goodness none of them did that stupid stop/start jog up and slow kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Based on today's evidence, there is clearly a huge cultural problem in that country. I'm sure you'll agree.

As I’ve said before you know nothing about German culture, Rangers lose, their end neigh on empties, Frankfurt fans applauding the Rangers team….

Why would you leave and not show your support in their incredible effort, no you feck off in a strop.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
A handful of Rangers fans left there to applaud their players for what was an incredibly impressive European campaign, punching well above their weight. You go all that way and can’t be bothered to stay to thank your own players. I know they’re disappointed but show some respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Interesting how people derive their pleasure. For me it would be by us beating West Ham.

Well, of course I'd prefer us to beat West Ham than who wins this noddy game. If you can't laugh at Scotland and Wales combining to lose then, well. Take the FA Cup as a case in point, Watching Chelsea v Liverpool. Yawn. One shit team wins whatever happens. As soon as the winning pen went in on Saturday I was out with the dog. At least tonight either way there was something to get behind whether it was laughing at Rangers or laughing at Germans. As it happens enjoyed watching Frankfurt lift the trophy. Can't Say they haven't earnt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here