Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa Cup Final

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Whilst we're basking in relative success in an over inflated playground, It would be very interesting to see how we or those around us, (like West Ham)
Would fare in an end of season slog in 35 degrees. Credit where credits due, they didn't get there by accident.

I do agree the quality is what we've very quickly forgotten as the norm or better for that matter. Short memories.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You should spot a put down a mile off ...oops, sorry...a kilometre off. Especially seeing as it seems your only pleasure in life is putting down the Brits.

You do talk some crap. Yes there’s certain types I put down, but it’s usually deserving and with good reason and not always Brits.

I’ll leave it here.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You do talk some crap. Yes there’s certain types I put down, but it’s usually deserving and with good reason and not always Brits.

I’ll leave it here.

Such as the violent German hooligans in Seville today?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
But, and I'm sure you'll be the first to admit this, you are coming off like a bit of a ****.

I'm sure you'll join me in condemning the horrific behaviour of German thugs in Seville today, and consider what has become a national embarrassment for Germany. Based on today's evidence, there is clearly a huge cultural problem in that country. I'm sure you'll agree.

Unfortunately violence is prevalent in football all around the world. France has seem some horrific violence in their national league this season for example.

Football violence is a worldwide issue and not limited to certain countries because it attracts people from all walks of life across the globe. What happened today is hardly due to a huge cultural problem in Germany ffs

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This game is just dire. That Bassey lad has just missed the ball completely.

I manage an U10s team and I'd genuinely be annoyed if they'd conceded the Rangers goal in that fashion. Play this tournament 100 times with the same teams involved and there is surely no way they'd both reach the final. Its pub.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The winner of this game is going to be in pot one of the Champions League.

It's a bit like Qatar being in pot one at the World Cup.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Such as the violent German hooligans in Seville today?

You were there today and witnessed everything from start to finish then ?

Or are you relying on social media put out by rangers fans that started anything and then when it goes tits up, scream for a policeman and whip out their phones, or even the great British press that never exaggerate anything?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The amount Frankfurt throw themselves to the ground and complain about everything really makes me hope they lose.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Slight difference being a knock out cup vs a financial fix.
Well yes but that wasn't the point I was making. To clarify, my point was a place in pot one seems to massively overstate the ability of the teams in what is now a glorified plate competition.

I wish they'd bin off this crap idea that 3rd placed teams knocked out of the Champions League get to play in this at the half way stage. It just devalues the competition (which is why I say it's a plate competition)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Behave. It's 30+ degrees and extra time. He's been excellent.

Whilst I'd agree he's one of their better players, are we really giving players dispensation for aiming for and missing the ball because its warm? The ball was running slowly he had his eye on it and he missed it over the top.

This game can't be the best of the rest. I've no idea how they are here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I’ll leave it here.

There’s only once a way of settling this

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Whilst I'd agree he's one of their better players, are we really giving players dispensation for aiming for and missing the ball because its warm? The ball was running slowly he had his eye on it and he missed it over the top.

This game can't be the best of the rest. I've no idea how they are here.

Our players have done similar, it happens. Not to mention the nerves of a fixture this size, plus the atmosphere can really get to you.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well yes but that wasn't the point I was making. To clarify, my point was a place in pot one seems to massively overstate the ability of the teams in what is now a glorified plate competition.

I wish they'd bin off this crap idea that 3rd placed teams knocked out of the Champions League get to play in this at the half way stage. It just devalues the competition (which is why I say it's a plate competition)

As it is its gash. When we were in shorts it was league and cup winners.

I'd be happy to see a CL in mini leage and 1/4 semis maybe, and a cup winners knock out only a reflection of the arrival

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For the love of God please someone score to make this be over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here