Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England at 3 to 1 favourites are a p take. Italy are rhe value at 16 to 1 imo
Indeed. As we are boasting of betting exploits, here is my 2021 placement..

1717931777427.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isn’t this more a reflection of UK money going on England as opposed to a reflection on their ability to win the tournament?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

The OPTA supercomputer (or computer I guess) puts us narrow favourites.

But take note. We still have a lower than 1 in 5 chance of winning the tournament. So keep in mind that if we are edged out of a tight knockout game, the reason need not necessarily be, because Southgate is a waistcoat wearing div, or that the team just don't care or have bottled it. It could just be that there are a lot of good teams. It could just be because random stuff happens in one off football games and that margins are just incredibly thin.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

The OPTA supercomputer (or computer I guess) puts us narrow favourites.

But take note. We still have a lower than 1 in 5 chance of winning the tournament. So keep in mind that if we are edged out of a tight knockout game, the reason need not necessarily be, because Southgate is a waistcoat wearing div, or that the team just don't care or have bottled it. It could just be that there are a lot of good teams. It could just be because random stuff happens in one off football games and that margins are just incredibly thin.
Or it could be that Southgate is a tactically clueless, waistcoat wearing Div

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I reckon 1-11 is who he plans to start with first game, with 3 midfielders in Jude, Rice and Trent and Guehi as his token Palace fetish
Palmer will start ahead of Saka I reckon - Number 24.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Or it could be that Southgate is a tactically clueless, waistcoat wearing Div
Possibly yes. And that is an easier narrative to agree on, than football tournaments are difficult to win, especially when there are a number of closely matched sides, because one off football matches contain a series of very random incidents.

Not too many teams win tournaments by blowing away all their opponents. Spain I think did it in 2008. Before that, maybe 1970 was the last time

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don't barring injury. Time will tell.
Saka didn’t look fit the other day, plus his form has been patchy the last couple of months.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Collect that asap as people have the bet details
I put it up after I'd been paid out, US. :thumbsup: But I had a nagging worry that the slip could be cloned on Saturday night so I took it down quickly and waited.

Denmark v Norway is a strong rivalry and was a tremendous watch. Full-blooded and no worry of possible injuries. I loved a couple of Norwegians giving the two fingers when Erling Haaland pulled one back. It's great to have international rivalry! Pity some on here can't understand that. They also spout crap but never give predictions about who will win Euro 2024. :dunky:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Austria could be a good outside bet. They look strong all over the pitch. 80/1 has to be worth a couple of quid although reaching the final might just be beyond them. Semi-finalists @ 12/1 more realistic. The sumptuous Marcel Sabitzer will get one or two goals at least. Negative is being in the group of death with France, Holland and Poland. Third place should be enough to qualify though.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can't really get excited about the Euros until I see what tailoring the squad are wearing to travel in. Hoping for a classic Tom Ford single-breasted suit in charcoal serge, two buttons and a single vent. Pale blue poplin shirt, cutaway collar and a slate grey tie featuring an understated pattern, like a houndstooth check.

Pointless even talking about the football unless you've got the off-pitch details nicely squared away.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Can't really get excited about the Euros until I see what tailoring the squad are wearing to travel in. Hoping for a classic Tom Ford single-breasted suit in charcoal serge, two buttons and a single vent. Pale blue poplin shirt, cutaway collar and a slate grey tie featuring an understated pattern, like a houndstooth check.

Pointless even talking about the football unless you've got the off-pitch details nicely squared away.
Wrong account, Crodonilson?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Iceland predictably thrashed 4-0 by the Dutch tonight It really should have been more - Depay having one ruled out by VAR for a harsh handball and other chances spurned.

Injury worries for Poland as strikers Robert Lewandowski and Karol Swiderski both substituted in the first half - doesn't sound good. Jakub Moder came on for the second half.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here