Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes but I mean if he’s unavailable like today , we look completely unbalanced. Trippier is turd at left back
Yeah I’m not going to argue with that.

I’ve said forever we’re overstocked in some positions and have no one in others.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rice " there was a lot of positive performances tonight "

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Iceland were 20 to 1 to win tonight

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I love Pascal :shrug: Seeing him play a part in Germany winning the Euros would mean almost as much as seeing England win it for me tbh.
I’ve hated Argentina my whole life in footballing terms but I felt like a proud parent when Alexis made such a huge contribution to them winning a major tournament.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hard to get upset about a friendly kickabout with the Euros just a week away.

So it would be better to win 4-0 but lose Phil Foden and Harry Kane to tournament ending injuries?
Kind of feel that if you’re going to win a tournament, you have to be fierce and committed in every training session, let alone a friendly.

There is just too little game time together for all this talk of learning curves, positives etc. Team’s with winning mentalities drilled into them don’t treat any game as a soft, don’t wanna get injured game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing more than a pre season friendly with a bunch of players that do not want to get injured.
Quite. Nothing can be read into a tournament warm up match. Plenty of quality sides will lose them and not worry.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
After watching that it's easy to see why the Ipsos Mori poll today had more people excited about England at Soccer Aid than the Euros. Infinitely more chance of us ending 6 years of hurt at the hands of the Rest of the World.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here