[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You think? Seems to me like he'll get in over Watkins.
He arguably should in terms of being a better fit as a Kane replacement, however Watkins played most (all?) of the Bosnia game and we know Kane is starting tomorrow night, so doesn't really leave Toney much of a chance does it?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You think? Seems to me like he'll get in over Watkins.
Southgate mentioned that it’s more important for Harry Kane to get minutes than Tony, read into that what you will.

Also, his form dropped later in the season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All the pundits since Tuesday night calling for Dunk to be left out and phone in callers even saying he's not good enough to wear the shirt!
A lot seems to be based on the Belgium (and Roma) games, a tough week for Dunk who was no doubt tired from a demanding schedule.

Overall for England;

USA years ago - fine. Clean sheet.
-
Australia - Man of the Match. Excellent, very calm and composed, looked far better than Maguire who came on and caused havoc in his own defence.
Scotland - Again, very good. 2nd in player ratings behind Bellingham.
-
Brazil - Disappointing to concede following the header but it wasn't like he put someone through on goal. Which Maguire did. Played OK otherwise.
Belgium - Admittedly a poor night - really struggles in one-on-ones v Lukaku/Mitrovic types.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He arguably should in terms of being a better fit as a Kane replacement, however Watkins played most (all?) of the Bosnia game and we know Kane is starting tomorrow night, so doesn't really leave Toney much of a chance does it?
We should take all 3

Gives us the option to go 2 uptop/Kane to drop

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
1000053203.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here