Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I would love to be in Munich today. I met a few jocks supporting Trinidad and Tobago when I went out to see them play Sweden in the World Cup in 2006. There were a couple of trinis playing in Scotland and England were in the same group as T&T. They were having a whale of a time.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Come on the Jocko's!!

:clap:

Couple of expats Alec and Alastair will be joining us in the Ship tonight. Dave's got a special offer on cans of Tennents Super for £4 and 40p off a glass of Babycham for every goal scored in the first 15 minutes.
When's the stripper on?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I can’t wait to start watching the EUROs. It has been a while since the last major international competition with little controversy beforehand.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now it's into the knockouts, how's everyone been enjoying this tournament?

I've had to mentally separate England from the rest of the tournament, because everything not involving England has been pretty great IMO.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Now it's into the knockouts, how's everyone been enjoying this tournament?

I've had to mentally separate England from the rest of the tournament, because everything not involving England has been pretty great IMO.
didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I have and didn't even expect to watch that much

The last few tournaments had wrecked my enthusiasm really. For 2018 my son was born smack bang in the middle of it and we were in hospital for a couple of weeks so missed a fair chunk of it, 2021 was just crap tbh with empty/half full stadiums dotted all over the place and 2022 was in Qatar in winter so was also crap

Don't know why as I'm sat at home anyway but I've realised that the host nation really makes a difference for me

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
For an extra layer of interest, throughout the tournament I'll be cooking a meal from each participant nation. Just 24 to get through so won't be quite as manic as the World Cup meals I did in 2022.

Very curious what you manage to do for all the Eastern European nations.

19 down, 5 to go.

19 out of 24 Euros meals.gif
-

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I love that you're doing this! And they all look completely amazing :love:

We've got a euros day in the office next week, we each have to bring in some food from whichever country we drew in the sweepstake. I had Romania, been looking at their food so I recognise - and love the look of - your papanasi!

No way I'm making 15 of them though! So saratele it is (like Romanian cheese straws :LOL: )

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That is seriously impressive.

A loose ranking would be interesting/appreciated - just the best or worst?

Everything's been good! I'll get back to you with a top 3 when I've done the final 5.

In the meantime, here are my World Cup meals from 2022:

20240703_091002-ANIMATION.gif

(Had to compress the gif as the file was too large and now it's overly zoomed but you get the idea)

There were a lot of highlights but if I had to pick one, I'd go for the Qatari chicken kabsa.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a HUGE two days of beautiful football to savour! :clap:

Today:
5pm, Germany v Spain.
8pm, France v Portugal.

Tomorrow:
5pm, ENGLAND v Switzerland.
8pm, Netherlands v Turkey.

No matter how badly England have played, we are into yet another major quarter-final with a chance to at least match reaching the Euro 2020 final. How can you not be excited? When Smug Eddie takes over and we fail to qualify for the World Cup in the United States and Canada, there'll be calls for Southgate to return. Let's all just enjoy this weekend and hope England hit form to knock out the Swiss.

COME ON, ENGLAND! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Today:
5pm, Germany v Spain.
8pm, France v Portugal.

Tomorrow:

No matter how badly England have played, we are into yet another major quarter-final with a chance to at least match reaching the Euro 2020 final. How can you not be excited? When Smug Eddie takes over and we fail to qualify for the World Cup in the United States and Canada, there'll be calls for Southgate to return. Let's all just enjoy this weekend and hope England hit form to knock out the Swiss.

If Carlsberg did weekends...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Today:
5pm, Germany v Spain.
8pm, France v Portugal.

Tomorrow:

I admire your level of support.

Today is host to an absolutely incredible set of 2 quarter finals. So much narrative.

Hosts Germany vs Probably Best Side So Far Spain
Kylian MaskBappe vs Cristiano "Raging at the Dying of the Light" Ronaldo.

Pure theatre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here