Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2012, best finals ever?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
poor quarter finals so far which is a shame as the tournament has been a cracker so far. hopefully england and italy can bring some life back with a genuinely entertaining match, which we then before the torture of penalties.

Don't think the quarters have been that poor. 9 goals in 3 games. BUT the 3 losers Czech rep, Greece and France were poor. Let's hope England play a blinder tomorrow. If this tourno follows type for England. It won't be without a controversial incident

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Don't think the quarters have been that poor. 9 goals in 3 games. BUT the 3 losers Czech rep, Greece and France were poor. Let's hope England play a blinder tomorrow. If this tourno follows type for England. It won't be without a controversial incident

at this stage in the competition you normally expect a better competition in the qf games. so whilst i agree there have been goals, i'd suggest that genuine drama has been limited.

neither the Greeks or Czechs had much going forward (although to be fair to the Greeks they did very well against a superior team). The French also seemed to be lacking, although i wasn't totally focused on game tonight.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
at this stage in the competition you normally expect a better competition in the qf games. so whilst i agree there have been goals, i'd suggest that genuine drama has been limited.

neither the Greeks or Czechs had much going forward (although to be fair to the Greeks they did very well against a superior team). The French also seemed to be lacking, although i wasn't totally focused on game tonight.

Agreed, the Czechs had given up and looked defeated (after 85 minutes they weren't even fighting) and the French went out with a whimper. None of the QFs have really been a contest, which is a shame as we have seen a lot of good games in the Groups.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The competition has taken a massive nose dive at the quarters, the game last night and the Portugal game in particular were awful as entertainment goes. At this point I just hope England give a good account of themselves tonight and Germany absolutely batter Spain in the finals.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Game 28......................BOLLOCKS
How typical England go out on pens and provide us with the 1st 0-0 game of the tournament.
Still a cracking tourno, and will probably enjoy it a bit more now we're out now

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The quarter-finals have let down what was a good tournament in the group stages. Group A was so shite that was Germany and Portugal almost guaranteed to be through, France were desperate, and England barely strung two passes together for the last 75 minutes.

Agree with Lord B, the best four are left and two cracking semi-finals can still resurrect the thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here