Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EURO 2008 - Turkey v Czech Republic - Predictions

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The one AWFUL thing about this it has probably saved Fatih Terim"s job. I would almost have wished Turkey get tonked to get rid of the clown. Like Mclaren but with a megolomanic complex.

Having been in Turkey a few years ago when they won a big game (possibly against Israel or Greece) I would imagine it's gone er...

f***ing MENTAL

over there....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
About right. We live about 200 metres from a main street and its just a CACOPHONY of hooting horns!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Having been there when Galatasary managed to clutch a EUFA Cup Place from the jaws of Champions League exit and Marmaris went mental then I suspect Turkey really has gone fecking mental.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Now Sully, do you think you'll be able to beat the Croat's and have Germany/Portugal in the semi's ???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The horns will finish in about..... FIVE HOURS!!!!!

andf then there's the bloody WHISTLES too!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Now Sully, do you think you'll be able to beat the Croat's and have Germany/Portugal in the semi's ???

Seriously mate anything can happen. On past form, surprisingly Turkey will fancy Germany as a lot of Turkey's players played in Germany and Turkey has a lot of German coaches. Recent Turkish results with Germany have been very close. Croatia is different. Both teams rely on very strong midfields and both have misfiring forward lines (until tonight that is) but Croatias defence is so much stronger and Turkey now have 3 first choice defenders injured and their only reasonable goalkeeper suspended.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think I did well to tune in with 75 mins gone!

Me too. Made the switch from the Portugal reserves game at about that time myself :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having been there when Galatasary managed to clutch a EUFA Cup Place from the jaws of Champions League exit and Marmaris went mental then I suspect Turkey really has gone fecking mental.

Funnily enough, it was Marmaris I saw on fire about 13 odd years ago.

It was fantastic actually.

Well please for them, I'd decided to support Turkey early on. Nothing to do with CKR, but due to a Turkish shop keeper trying to cheer me up in Clapham High Street when I was devastated when went out to Argentina under Hoddle.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Seriously mate anything can happen. On past form, surprisingly Turkey will fancy Germany as a lot of Turkey's players played in Germany and Turkey has a lot of German coaches. Recent Turkish results with Germany have been very close. Croatia is different. Both teams rely on very strong midfields and both have misfiring forward lines (until tonight that is) but Croatias defence is so much stronger and Turkey now have 3 first choice defenders injured and their only reasonable goalkeeper suspended.

I feel you may be able to take the Croat's. I have actually been interested watching all the Turkish games so far. They could be this year's suprise package. Good luck to them - I usually fancy the underdog

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Me too. Made the switch from the Portugal reserves game at about that time myself :thumbsup:

Likewise - must have been some sort of NSC collective subconscious decision!! :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I knew Turkey would win, coming from two goals down to win in the last minutes after getting the keeper sent off!

Wot would have been the odds on that?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Interesting interview with CKR on motd. According to him the manager is a great tactition (sp) because he brought him on and he changed the game and interestingly when referencing Turkey as a football nation its 'they' not 'we'!

And no I'm not anti CKR, I'm watching Turkey's games because of him, just found his comments in keeping with his association with the albion!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I went down the pub when Czech were 2-0 because I thought the game was all over.

The Smallest Show on Earth

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
... typical Volkan!

spocklg3.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The one AWFUL thing about this it has probably saved Fatih Terim"s job. I would almost have wished Turkey get tonked to get rid of the clown. Like Mclaren but with a megolomanic complex.

I must say, for the neutral, his touchline antics were magnficent - German telly's Fantasy Football-lite post-match show compared him to long-deceased cult French funnyman Louis de Funes, which was spot on. And that was a great speech he made after the game too. Never mind Istanbul, the scenes on the streets of Berlin they showed were mental too.

What a match - for a game involving two sides that I feel very issue-neutral about, that's a game I definitely won't be forgetting in a hurry, it had everything. And if another Cordoba 1978 does happen to ensue tonight (please god, no), I've found my second team without a doubt.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton

Could you elaborate on your dislike of Terim, Sully? And his reputation in Turkey? Like MoH i've been finding him pretty entertaining on the touchline, and his team generally play attractive football too. ???

He DOES look like he loves himself though, which is never a particularly nice trait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here