Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EURO 2008 - AUSTRIA v GERMANY - Predictions

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The Germans need to win, and to be honest I think they will, quite comfortbaly too.

On to the quarters where they should beat the Portugal

Austria 0-3 Germany

What do you think ???

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I predict the game will be abandoned after 33 minutes when a giant 62-ft long gerbil lands in stadium inside a MASSIVE hover car, crushing the referee in the process.

You heard it here first.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I have had a vision that sees Poland in the quarters.. thus Austria 1-0

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I predict the game will be abandoned after 33 minutes when a giant 62-ft long gerbil lands in stadium inside a MASSIVE hover car, crushing the referee in the process.

You heard it here first.

Or equally strangee...... Germany will dominate and go 1-0 up in the first half. The second half Austria time come out full of fire but then go 2-0 down partly due to ref and manager having brain meltdown over a substitution. Austria get it back to 2-1 but the Germans seem likely to win until their world class goalie (well, ıt's Lehman so it IS believable) drops a simple cross and it's 2-2. Austria grab the ball straight from the kickoff and score to turn the game rounmd at 3-2 event tho it was probably offisde. Then Macho (hard to believe I know) gets sent off for shoving and Pogatetz plays the last minute in goal with his shirt inside out.

WOW!!!!! They couldn't make it up!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Austria to take a shock lead before being cruched 1-4.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The shame of Cordoba in 1978 CANNOT be allowed to happen again...2-1 Germany - an utter fluke. They then go on to WIN the competion...maybe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The shame of Cordoba in 1978 CANNOT be allowed to happen again...2-1 Germany - an utter fluke. They then go on to WIN the competion...maybe.
If we're talking World Cup SHAME, then surely Austria v Germany playing more or less the entire game in the centre circle thereby eliminiating Algeria is one of the most shameful episodes EVER in international football.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If we're talking World Cup SHAME, then surely Austria v Germany playing more or less the entire game in the centre circle thereby eliminiating Algeria is one of the most shameful episodes EVER in international football.

Well yes, it wasn't great - I guess it was a loophole there to be exploited; hugely cynical and it marked the onset of a grimly cynical, dour era, esp. in the Bundesliga - in marked contrast to the flambuoyant 70s, epitomised by the man in my avatar. You (all) should read Tor by Uli Hesse-Lichtenberger, a brilliant, brilliant book.

That game had two far-reaching effects: they reckon the disillusionment directly had a detrimental affect on German domestic attendances for years afterwards, plus it led to the introduction of the backpass rule.

That is one big rivalry; those two sides - literally - have bucketloads of history of emnity between them, like Cordoba in 1978, or the "unification" game under the Nazis in 1938: the sides kicked the shit out of each other for 90 minutes and the Austrian captain danced in celebration in front of the Nazi leadership when he scored - for which they almost certainly murdered him in 1939.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

You heard it here first.

This was on Radio Somerset on Sunday afternoon.

I prefer Austria 7 Germany 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here