Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eugene Terreblanche killed in South Africa

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
On reading the BBC article it seems that "the ANC" (no idea if this is officially sanctioned by the party) is appealing the decision to ban the singing of "kill the Boer". Secondly , and somewhat bizzarely , it seems Terreblanche's horse was called Attila!

Overall it seems that Terreblanche was a bit of ridiculous figure. I'm not really sure how this incident has any relevance on the staging of the World Cup in South Africa in 2 months time. You might as well say the senseless and tragic murder of a 15 year old at Victoria Station last week shows that the 2018 World Cup shouldn't be staged in England.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think some sort of official merchandise to prevent skull smashing by natives whilst showing the world England fans are fun now, is very much in order.

I am writing to Soho Square this afternoon with my drawings of a Rourkes Drift style pith helmet with a St Georges Cross on it and a jokey "Don't Throw - Bloody Spears - At Me!" slogan on the back. Of course with the official FA England Licence (to print money) stamp on it. The whole country will be wearing them come June. Will knock the Suns Euro 96 Bowlers in to a cocked, erm, hat. ker ching.

Oh I say! It was so obvious - it was TOO obvious for an idiot like me. Sadly, joined-up capitalistic thinking was never one of my strengths. :(

*Goes off to have 'Old Dog (sic) Fails To Learn New Tricks' printed on a tasteless t-shirt (cheap-as & massively oversized, of course)*

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Did Hitler ever stand trial?

no, but he killed himself rather than be captured by the Russians so hasn't really got much to complain about on that front.
Nazi_Smiley.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Eugene Terreblanche killed, that's a f***ing shame isnt it?

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
they are not really happy they are just dumbos who think thats what they should say. dont worry about it, its funny more than anything.

the same people who wet their knickers when someone swings a punch at a football match, cannot really have the stomach to celebrate someone being beaten and hacked to death, if the issue and incident was not so incredibly distant and meaningless to them it might as well be in a film. childlike and harmless reactions from fools, on the most part.

Yup, bit like mugs who cheer on wannabe stormtroopers:

http://www.justice.gov.za/trc/media/1998/9806/s980609a.htm

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I met Eugene Terreblanche once. I was living out there and visiting friends in the Free State. He filled up at my mate's garage. Handed me a flyer and asked for my vote in the 94 elections. I can confirm that he had a pissy little yorkshire terrier thing with him at the time and he had awful halitosis. And his socks were ironed.

And say it oh, so quietly but as with most of the extremist rock spiders he looked like one of his forebearers had been touched by the tar brush.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
"last week, South Africa's High Court banned firebrand ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema from singing "kill the Boer". The court said the song was hate speech, but the ANC is appealing. "

tHAT and his murder kind of prooves he had a point doesn't it? Or would you all over look the tories getting in and having a song "kill the paki" sung by their youth section?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Or would you all over look the tories getting in and having a song "kill the paki" sung by their youth section? " Quoted by looney

Probably already happens in some "true blue" conservative associations.

eg, drunken young farmers dances.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
much as I thought he was a repugnant little shit, I don't think I can find it in my heart to wish being hacked to death on anyone.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPbExwBJiwY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPbExwBJiwY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here