Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Errea question on ATC time to get a DECENT manufacturer?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
as i've said a million times, it's not about fat blokes moaning about quality as they grease up and slip in to the stripes, it's about the kids, the future, and the kids want nike.

well thank you for that

consigned to the past and I've still got a good 20 years of supporting the Albion before I pop my clogs :(

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
can any of the experts/shirt collectors on here rate the various suppliers in terms of quality of material?

I suspect that charting quality of design separately might give quite different results.

Trouble with that is, that the big manufacturer have different levels of quality within its ranges. The smaller makers tend to have just one standard (Lotto, Vanandel, Joma etc).

In my experience most of the smaller makers shirts are pretty good, but then all of a sudden one year they go poop. I have a number of Newport County shirts from the past 4 or 5 seasons, originally they were Joma, and the shirts were excellent, then they did a crap range for 08/09, so the club has now changed to Lotto, and they are much better, really good.

I guess the smaller companies can only afford to make one level of product, and it has to be the best they can do.

Nike/Umbro, Adidas, Puma all tend to have the differing levels of quality, the Sunday League team is not wearing the same stuff as Liverpool, and sometimes those Peterborough/Cowdenbeath kits are pretty horrible when you actually get your hands on them.

Also, some of those international shirts of the lesser nations, like the Puma shirts a lot of the African teams wore in the WC, they are pretty average, bordering on shoddy.
football_shirt_19936_1_276x400x0.jpg

I think it is a difficult thing to really guage, withouth garnering opinion from fans of teams from all leagues, based on their current kit.

It is fair to say though that the bigger teams will all be of the opinion that they have chosen the best quality stuff, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea are all good kits, and probably better than what we have this season, but I assure you, I have seen plenty of utterly rubbish current kits, that make our current one look top drawer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't really give a toss; but Peterborough's looked exactly the same as Chelseas, which seems rather shit.

Yes agreed. But then they play in all blue so there isnt alot you can do with that. Or all red/white/yellow etc.

At least we have stripes to play around with.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

NO WAY adidas. but i like that posh don't have a shirt sponsor. how the heck do they manage that? i like errea. and they score highest on ethical charts, unlike those evil bastards at the three stripes.

Ethical Consumer guide to Premiership football clubs

Yeah I agree. The shirts must first and foremost be ethical, green and bio-degradable. I suggest we make them out of old jacket potato skins stiched together with twine.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This thread is gayer than Julian Clary, Boy George, George Michael and Ashley Cole being locked in a lift together.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Yeah I agree. The shirts must first and foremost be ethical, green and bio-degradable. I suggest we make them out of old jacket potato skins stiched together with twine.

if you had your way they'd be made out of the skins of poor people, stitched together with the hair from those who think global warming might be happening.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So the general consensus so far is that as long as its good quality and "we" as in BHA have an input into the design then there is no reason why we could not use a different manufacturer...

Personally I would want a RECOGNISED brand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which shirt makers also make manbags?

My current manpurse is by Porshe Design which makes some wicked sports gear, and often link up with adidas.

if you had your way they'd be made out of the skins of poor people, stitched together with the hair from those who think global warming might be happening.

It's certainly worth a try on 'Ask the Club'. You don't ask, you don't get.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Bigger concern, assuming we will sell thousands for next season, is whether the new shirt for Falmer will be available pre-season or just in time for bonfire night as usual.

Other concern if switch to bigger brand (our current is hardly unknown by the way, don't be such snobs) is the obvious counterfeit goods that will occur in thailand etc.....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This thread is gayer than Julian Clary, Boy George, George Michael and Ashley Cole being locked in a lift together.

George Michael would have to be replaced. He's "out of service" currently in lift speak.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It hasnt happened in years to be fair and I was ALWAYS banging on about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here