Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Errea question on ATC time to get a DECENT manufacturer?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Partick current away kit
football_shirt_20140_1_276x400x0.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here's the Hertha Berlin Nike kit. Simple but nice. And below you can see Arne, Lara and Sara (the Hertha Beach Volleyball girls) modelling it.

Attachments

• a1b9c94e1668ee18bf8b9332a8b792a2.image.320x320[1].jpg
    a1b9c94e1668ee18bf8b9332a8b792a2.image.320x320[1].jpg
    20 KB · Views: 327
  • friedrich_with_ladies__495[1].jpg
    friedrich_with_ladies__495[1].jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 343

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Our Withdean Kits have all been unique to us at the time of production. With my personal ratings at the end.

1999-2000 - bespoke for us (1st Skint) 8/10
2000-2002 - bespoke for us (Centenary) 9/10
2002-2004 - bespoke for us (Classic Hollywood Skint logo) 10/10
2004-2006 - Rancid light blue template shirt 0/10
2006-2008 - Great blue and white stripes template kit 6/10
2008-2010 - horrid white backed template kit 3/10
2010-2011 - bespoke for us last season at Withdean 7/10

I don't think they have all been terrible, but there are a couple of dogs in there, and that is why I think some people dislike Errea so much, also, some of the away shirts have been a real cop out. I think mistakes have been made, possibly due to budget as well, but if we are going to stick with them (I think we are) then let's hope they choose the better quality fabric/kits, and let's hope they insisit on stripes on the back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Here's the Hertha Berlin Nike kit. Simple but nice. And below you can see Arne, Lara and Sara (the Hertha Beach Volleyball girls) modelling it.

Funnily enough I had one of theirs recently, I don't want to be contrite, but it really was no better at all than the current Errea shirt regarding quality etc.

Attachments

• P1060780 (Large) (Small).JPG
    P1060780 (Large) (Small).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 321

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly.

On a serious note - I wouldn't be adverse to a big manufacturer per se I just would like us to have a unique home kit.

The way we're going blue and white stripes will be synonymous with the Albion in a few years. No matter what kit we have, any similarly clad teams will be accused of copying us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Funnily enough I had one of theirs recently, I don't want to be contrite, but it really was no better at all than the current Errea shirt regarding quality etc.

This one does look a bit shit actually.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm divided on this.
On one hand i love the idea of having a major manufacturer do our kits. But i don't like the idea of having identikit teamwear picked out of a catalogue.
I personally don't have any problem with the current errea kit, The blue is lovely & its standing up to the tests & rigours of being washed & worn every week.
But some of their previous offerings have been utter tripe, Whoever came up with the idea of the 'Argentina' inspired shirt should've been beaten within an inch of their life using their design portfolio.

If a major manufacturer were to come to us, Take us seriously & offer us something unique & original we should snap their hands off

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
can any of the experts/shirt collectors on here rate the various suppliers in terms of quality of material?

I suspect that charting quality of design separately might give quite different results.

Possibly quite a bit of work to do and the latter is much more subjective but I would be really interested if someone could give it a go.

As I want a team shirt just for leisure wear the quality comes first for me rather than the aesthetic - I really just need it to be not too embarrasing whilst being identifiably Albion.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
This but in blue & white stripes

athletic_bilbao_home_kit_10_112.jpg
[/IMG]

The current umbro England away shirt is probably the nicest shirt i've ever had. The material is nothing like your standard football shirt, The fit & shape of it is ace & doesn't even really look like a footy shirt.
And during the world cup it took a right beating beer, sweat & god knows what else & it still looks as good as the day i brought it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
can any of the experts/shirt collectors on here rate the various suppliers in terms of quality of material?

I suspect that charting quality of design separately might give quite different results.

Possibly quite a bit of work to do and the latter is much more subjective but I would be really interested if someone could give it a go.

As I want a team shirt just for leisure wear the quality comes first for me rather than the aesthetic - I really just need it to be not too embarrasing whilst being identifiably Albion.

I must say that for me adidas come out best for quality of material and fit. I've got a german shirt from 2 years back and it's very hi-tec, and sculptured from about 10 panels, and mixed materials. My Nike Hertha tops do not come close.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
umbro tailored please.

apparently they're dorpping the shirt contract soon, moving into other things and just keeping core teams, i.e. england and citeh.

errea are shit anyway, lets get a nike template. like palace (eeek) but in the right colours.

as i've said a million times, it's not about fat blokes moaning about quality as they grease up and slip in to the stripes, it's about the kids, the future, and the kids want nike.

0,,10323~8725748,00.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't really give a toss; but Peterborough's looked exactly the same as Chelseas, which seems rather shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here