Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Errea question on ATC time to get a DECENT manufacturer?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I know its been mentioned before and I dont expect the club to announce they are binning off Errea when we move to Falmer but...

It really f***ing gets my goat that Peterboro have an ADIDAS Kit. As do Partick Thistle.

Even Lewes have NIKE.

We have ERREA, if we are going places (and boy we are) then we need to make a statement of intent and have a decent brand supplying our kits.

Instead of that unknown brand (it was ok while we were tin pot at withers having the kit suppliers of err, ummm, ahhh Burnley?).

If we want Italian then lets have KAPPA, have you seen the Valencia shirt material :drool:

Kin hell even my Hercules shirt, made by an unknown KELME, the quality is unbelievable unlike the shoddy ERREA stuff.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shouldn't we be concerned with the quality of the kit rather than the quality of the brand name supplying it?

Who is going to put more into developing the best kit for us, some company desperate to make a name for itself and wanting people to take notice, or some multi-national company who have much bigger teams on TV much more frequently, with many more international stars playing for them?

Not that I'm saying Errea are invested in us, just that I'm more interested in quality of kit than recognisable brand names.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Adidas please.

With THIS logo;

Adidas-Logo.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Shouldn't we be concerned with the quality of the kit rather than the quality of the brand name supplying it?

Absolutely.

Hence my KELME comment, the quality is far, far superior than ERREA and no one has heard of them.

Im fed up with Errea tat.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
My favourite kit this season is Stoke City's, I think that'd look super in blue & white, it's made by LE COQ SPORTIF, flair.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I couldn't disagree more, I understand your sentiment, but I disagree.

Under errea our home kit has always been unique to us during its lifetime. No other British club has worn our home kit template whilst we have been using it. Under errea we have stood out.

Under nike, adidas, umbro or kappa we would simply share a template with many other clubs. We would be un-unique, a replica if you like. Some of the nicest kits around at the moment aren't the nike or adidas kits (in my opinion), most of which you could order for your Sunday league team. No, look at Wolves and Birmingham - both wearing unique kits made by Burrda and xTep - they aren't groundbreaking kits, but they are unique to their club.

I'm not adverse to moving from errea. But if we do, I would want us to stay with another kit manufacturer that would be willing to design us a unique kit. Someone like butka, le coq sportif, cambrini or burrda.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
we get a big company the price of kit goes up and it will just be a standard design because we are not big enough for a big company to spend a lot making a new design for us

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will echo that - to hell with the label (only chavs could really want Adidas surely?) let's get a better quality of material - Errea is, sadly, not very good in that respect.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I quite like Lotto kits, and I agree, Kelme is nice too. Partick Thislte are currently Puma, and they too are OK. TBH, a lot of kit manufacturers have a range of quality levels, and our current Errea home shirt is one of their better types. Some stuff by Adidas, Nike, Umbro is pretty poor. The current Bukta stuff is pretty shoddy.

For me, I would like to see a British manufacturer taken onboard, either one of the (very few) existing ones, or perhaps, as has been suggested before, how about getting a great British brand to branch out and do our football kit? Paul Smith, Fred Perry?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
we get a big company the price of kit goes up and it will just be a standard design because we are not big enough for a big company to spend a lot making a new design for us

We are going places, we are going to sell SHIT LOADS all over Sussex hopefully.

I trust the marketing boys are speaking to ALL sports retailers incl the JJBS about getting Albion shirts out there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh, and PLENTY of teams now have stripes on the back, across all the leagues, so we MUST have stripes on the back of our next shirt, whoever makes it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I quite like Lotto kits, and I agree, Kelme is nice too. Partick Thislte are currently Puma, and they too are OK. TBH, a lot of kit manufacturers have a range of quality levels, and our current Errea home shirt is one of their better types. Some stuff by Adidas, Nike, Umbro is pretty poor. The current Bukta stuff is pretty shoddy.

For me, I would like to see a British manufacturer taken onboard, either one of the (very few) existing ones, or perhaps, as has been suggested before, how about getting a great British brand to branch out and do our football kit? Paul Smith, Fred Perry?

This. Superphil has loads of shirts.

Apologies Partick are Puma.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We are going places, we are going to sell SHIT LOADS all over Sussex hopefully.

I trust the marketing boys are speaking to ALL sports retailers incl the JJBS about getting Albion shirts out there.

Not exactly going to sell in the same class as the top premiership teams though is it. Most other kits are from a bog standard range

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here