Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eriksson to be sacked

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
don't think so he may find it hard to join city when he still loves spurs though jose could be tempted if he get a massive kitty but the the way doc is doing things at the moment he is scaring managers off he can't keep on chopping and changing when he is bored can he

No way Jose ( :) ) would be interested in City, they are small-fry compared with the jobs he's being touted for. They're not even in Europe.

As for managers being scared off from taking over at City - I think its quite the reverse. Get a huge 2 or 3 year contract out of this gimp of an owner and chances are you'll only actually have to work a year for the money, tops. Then if City arn't seriously threatening to breach the top 4, its adios amigos and a two year holiday somewhere with a nice wedge in the back pocket to keep you ticking over.

Svens cornered the market for monstrous pay-offs. Just ask Barwick.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Personally, if this is true and Sven goes. The Thai bloke must have someone decent lined up. Either that or he is just an idiot.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well whoever comes in will have to have City in the top 3 by November (as Sven did), or Shinawatra will end up looking a little bit silly, won't he.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Cannot believe they are going to sack him. This could end up like Hearts where Romanov had a really good start but then sacked Burley and replaced him with a bunch of poor managers and now they are a bit of a laughing stock.

Maybe Man City have Graham Rix lined up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely Shinawatra will deal with any critics at Man City in the same way he did to his critics in Thailand?

Ahh yes, by subjecting them to a non-stop 14 hour karaoke session, "I Rill Survive" being the only song.

batam-karaoke-1.jpg

*shudder*

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
City have seriously tailed off since the Autumn so Sinawatra is right to be concerned but Sven has got the team moving in the right direction.

If City are to stay ahead of the likes of Villa, Everton, Spurs and Portsmouth they'll need to spend big, as Sven has already pointed out. Sven has brought in some good players, and given he's still under contract you'd think he'd be given at least until Christmas.

You'd think with his contacts he'd be able to attract ex-England players like Crouch and Johnson that could make a difference to their forward line.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
The press doesn't help matters either. from The Sun - "City have had their best season for years, are guaranteed a top-half finish and did the double over rivals Manchester United." Right next to a headline - "How Sven wasted £46m"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's done well enough for me to win my bet with Icy Gull anyway :laugh:

This is true, shame the season doesn't last anorther couple of months!!

PM sent

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I think Sven has done pretty well this season, and most of his signings (Elano, Petrov, Corluka, Fernandes, Benjani) have done well for them. I'm surprised he didn't give Rolando Bianchi more of an opportunity, as I rated him. When you look at the facts, City have greatly improved on last season AND done the double on their local rivals. Them sacking him would be comparable to Us sacking Wilkins right now, ridiculous.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
And.... if you look at uniteds team which has been built over a few seasons you have

Ferdinand 28 million
Rooney 30 million
Hargreaves 25 million
Carrick 18 million
nani and Anderson another 30 million
The list goes on

46 million is ALOT of money but look at what your competing against, Fulham spent at least 20 million this season and they got relegated*!

*Pretty much

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
46 million is peanuts to Shinatwra, and Sven had to build the team from scatch. The rags have spent £70million this season, and they already had a very good squad to begin with.

City are my second team, and I am NOT happy with the Thai twat at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here