Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ericson the clown must go.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we do go home a week today, seriously Sven has to stand down.

I would go for Curbishley.

Yoda

English & European
Gareth Glover said:
1-0 up against Brazil , lose 2-1 with an extra man.

Lets not forget that Brazil were already 2-1 up before they were reduced to ten men. :shootself

Who better to defend a one goal lead when a man down the way they can keep hold of the ball? :rolleyes:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Gareth - you live on another planet mate. Sven is the greatest manager England have had since Ramsay.

You are obsessed with statistics (Peter Taylor) so I suggest you check up the statistics on Sven's COMPETITIVE international record. Just two defeats, against the best two teams in the world. I'll repeat that until it hits home. Two defeats, against THE BEST TWO TEAMS IN THE WORLD . How can you argue with that?

In my opinion, I thought we were utterly magnificent last night. We matched them in every single department and lost for one reason and one reason only - the greatest player who has ever played the game of football was playing for them and not us, unfortunately. He was the difference. Simple as that. Nothing else.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
fatbadger said:
I'm with Jimmy Saville on this. I thought Sven had a great game - tactically, we were great - totally snuffed out the French threat. They kept building and building (what else would happen with Viera, Zidane, Henry and Pireson thepitch?), but how many shots on target did they have? And there was nothing wrong with the substitutions. Rooney HAD to come off - we need him in the next game, not suspended. Scholes was giving the ball away all the time, and did more to pile pressure on our midfield and back four than any other player on the pitch (including the French). And Owen was usless. Hesyey and Vassell held the ball up in the French half for more minutes than Owen and Rooney had managed in the 2nd half; and Hargreaves was no worse than Scholes.

This is my last post on any of the England/France postmortem threads, so I will say this again - for me, the issue has always been that we need to beat Croatia and Switzerland - nothing had changed, and if we play against them like we did last night, we will beat them both, easily. A point (or more) against France was always going to be icing on the cake, nothing more. We are only upset because, for a while, we thought we would win - classicly, we were lifted up and dumped down again. But I didn't expect us to win - I wanted a good performance, and I wanted a couple of players (King and Rooney) to prove their international potential and a couple of others to reassert their international reputations (Scholes and Owen). OK, so 3 out of 5 ain't good (performance, King, Rooney), but it certainly ain't bad either. Last night I was gutted; this morning I am fine.

We just need to beat the ITV jinx on Thursday, that's all.

Best post on the entire thread. Spot on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gareth Glover said:

Unless we reach the final, I reckon he'll be gone after this tournement anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gareth Glover said:

I would go for Curbishley.

FFS what experience does Curbishley have at international level.

Have you lost all leave of your senses

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can you really see him putting up with us lot for another 4 years? 2millon over 4 years is only worth 500K a year and im sure plenty of the big Italian and Spainish clubs could find that. And since when was a contract in football worth the paper its written on anyway?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
moan moan moan moan thats all the english ever do we played well last night and as jpf said IF beckham had scored IF silvestre had scored we would have won

but we didnt

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
beorhthelm said:
Can you really see him putting up with us lot for another 4 years? 2millon over 4 years is only worth 500K a year and im sure plenty of the big Italian and Spainish clubs could find that. And since when was a contract in football worth the paper its written on anyway?

At which point did I say 2million over 4 years. I said 2 million a year for 4 years. Now I am sure that works out at 8 million, plus I am sure there are bonuses in there. The only 2 Premiership managers earning near that were Ferguson and Raneri last year.

Stumpy Tim

I agree with most of the people on this thread. From what where I was standing I thought we deserved at least a point, and I just couldn't see the French scoring. Our defence & midfield didn't allow a single decent shot on goal until injury time. I actually thought Rooney was brilliant as well - how an 18 year old can be that strong is beyond me. I thought he held the ball up more than Heskey has managed in all his internationals combined. The only gripe I would have is that Heskey was brought on - I think Dyer would have been a much better option as with his pace we may have provided more of a threat going forward. Apart from that, I think it's hard to fault Sven.

Unless someone has secretly invented remote controls on players & he instructed Gerrard to pass to Henry in front of goal.

Nov 3, 2003
what the f*** does Eric's son care anyway his swedes mashed the quality defending from unclue Bulgaria (even that t055er southgate could defend better than these monkies).

You dont defend for 45 mins (whole second half) then not bolster the back line, shouldve left out Heskey the usless lump of **** and left Rooney (the best player on pitch alone up front we needed 3 pts from the frogs f*** the swiss game if he needs resting rest him then, no hang on a sec the lads 18 years old and ran riot in the frogs defence) we shouldve put an extra midfilder in to pack the middle of park and stop Zidane.

Gerrad despite being World class makes a suicide back pass
Never mind the press conference with the England Manager telling us Beckham sat alone on the coach as if we are supposed to feel sorry for him - despite rating Gerrard World Class, what the F*** was he doing with that suicidal back pass and yes Heskey has once again proved himself to be a total b***** when it comes to talent on the football pitch.

Having said that we ourplayed the frogs for 90 mins bar the above we wouldve won i feel gutted and hate the frogs even more, Hargreaves mustnt play again he played like an individual try tio impress not as part of the team and the dilemma is play the quality of J Terry or stay with his replacement King that actually played well considering he is normally absolutre sh1te so dunno mustve been a one off guess id give Terry the nod. Why did Beckham take penalty against keeper that knows him so well and why was our keeper out of pos not trusting the wall he supposed lined up to do job of blocking one side of the goal, ok he had no option to commit for the penalty but shouldbve been better ploaced for free kick and as for the Rooney foul why the f*** wasnt that frog sent off?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not quite sure what FG is going on about there, it's too hard to read but anybody who thinks the France defeat was the fault of Sven knows NOTHING about football. The tactics employed against France were absolute perfection and worked like a dream. You could see the French players looking completely stumped at the beginning of injury time and their reaction when the penalty went in showed how haooy they were to have 3 points when they didn't deserve them (the sight of that still annoys me, I hope they now realise that they've been found out).

If it was not for a stupid tackle from Heskey and a ridiculous back pass from Gerrard we would have beaten the BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD on Sunday but unfortunately we did not.

*edited due to stupidity.

Last edited:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
They're not the world champions (although imho the best team in the world). I heard on the radio on Sunday that Sven is on 4.5 million a year and has another 4 years of his contract left. To pay him off would cost 18 million so I don't think he'll be going anywhere unless he wants to.

Nov 3, 2003
what i said Chapmans was...

1. What the F*** does Sven care anyway he’s a foreigner and his boys won 5-0!

2. You don’t defend for whole second half then sub with a forward shouldve left Rooney up front on his own and boosted the defence and/or midfield.

3. despite being world class Gerrard needs to explain what the f*** he was doing with that suicide back pass.

4. Hearing that w***** Sven telling me Beckham sat in shame on the Coach alone to cry his eyes out about the missed penalty is no consolation to us fans

5. Heskey is was always has been sh1te send him packing now we don’t need him we don’t want him he is sh1te

6. ledley (what a F***ing stupid name that is) played above his skin wont ever do it again maybe hard on him but you don’t take Terry the best defender we have by far and not play him so Terry gets nod for Swiss game

7. Beckham should never taken penalty against keeper that studied /knew his moves too well

8. our keeper blundered big time he set up wall to cover one side goal so why the f*** didn’t he let wall do its job and he cover the other side, Goalkeeping error.

9. The frog that fouled Rooney shouldve been sent off, we were cheated.

10. however for 90 mins we had outplayed the frogs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here