Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Epensive beer at the Amex

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I'm of the mind that the best way to drink beer is through a straw. Get a big keg, i reckon, and have perhaps a 100 straws coming from it. You can rent a straw for perhaps the time you plan to drink and get charged 20 pence a suckle. Your dna-testing means that after you lease the plastic tube, only the mouth with your spittle can suck from it. That of course means you can sometimes allow a partner or a friend you're overclose to to have a sip. When the keg is down to its last 5%, then that cannot be drunk as we all know the smeggy ends of all drinks are mostly gob-juice.
It's all run by computers. You turn up, type in your fan number and out flies a straw until you've had your fill. And dwarves change the kegs.

I like the use of the word 'suckle' here MB but would rather you had used the term 'back wash' instead of 'gob juice'. It's a wonderful idea though x

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Canada is very expensive when it comes to drinking, you should be able to get pissed a bit cheaper when you visit :drink:
Yeah thats very true! Fortunently for myself leaving in the middle of no where there isnt the big city rip on pints. For the domestic stuff (not that I drink it) its like 4-4.50 a pint. But I generally drink darker "premium" stuff so I usually pay 6-7bucks. Seems like ill be able to get good beer for 2 or 3pound in England?

A Belgian beer originally brewed by monks (abbots) at the abbey in Leffe which has a golden blonde colour. Blondes are generally considered to be less intelligent than others with different hair colouring (ginger hair normally denotes minger status in addition to being a bit thick)

Abbots Ale? If thats what your refering to ive had it and do enjoy it :p

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Abbots Ale? If thats what your refering to ive had it and do enjoy it :p

No , not that .

This lovely stuff ;

Leffe_blonde.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yeah thats very true! Fortunently for myself leaving in the middle of no where there isnt the big city rip on pints. For the domestic stuff (not that I drink it) its like 4-4.50 a pint. But I generally drink darker "premium" stuff so I usually pay 6-7bucks. Seems like ill be able to get good beer for 2 or 3pound in England?

£2-£4 depending on what you drink and where you go. I don't drink real ale myself but I'm reliably informed Timothy Taylor's is the best. :thumbsup:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. The staff actively don't want your custom. They despise their matchday customers. They're a sort of Ryanair of matchday pubs. They'd charge you a quid to use the loos if they could. Hateful place. Hope it goes bust when we move to Falmer.

Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here