Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Epensive beer at the Amex

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
this new stadium has an amazing opportunity to provide healthy food / smoothies etc

the pie and chip eating fat drunk football fan is a dying breed........but still in high population i must add.

We'll have pies but they'll be organic and from a local cook.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The pub I was going to go in on matchdays does Harveys for £2.90, so I'll just go to the ground instead and drink the club's ale for the same price, as long as they show the 12.45 KO game on SS? :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2+2 = 533934943434209

Awful thread

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
If the club want people to stay after the games then surely beer prices need to be a good price otherwise its just not going to work. And they need people to stay as the transport system will fail! I'm not saying cheap beer but it needs to be the same price if not a tad less then what you can get in town otherwise everybody will be leaving straight after each game. :drink:

I'll Get Me Coat

Feb 28, 2011
Worthing
I suppose it'll be too much to ask for the beer NOT to be served in those crap wobbly plastic things.

(and I'm not talking about Jordans jugs)

If the Amex south stand is going to be awash in the away teams colours, do you think it would be nice for the home supporters beer to be served in Jordans jugs. I'm sure they would hold a few pints, it might be quite a queue though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm of the mind that the best way to drink beer is through a straw. Get a big keg, i reckon, and have perhaps a 100 straws coming from it. You can rent a straw for perhaps the time you plan to drink and get charged 20 pence a suckle. Your dna-testing means that after you lease the plastic tube, only the mouth with your spittle can suck from it. That of course means you can sometimes allow a partner or a friend you're overclose to to have a sip. When the keg is down to its last 5%, then that cannot be drunk as we all know the smeggy ends of all drinks are mostly gob-juice.
It's all run by computers. You turn up, type in your fan number and out flies a straw until you've had your fill. And dwarves change the kegs.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In the Jack Horner right now in Tottenham Court Road (not Worthing!), £3.95 Kronenbourg.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leffe? Translation?

A Belgian beer originally brewed by monks (abbots) at the abbey in Leffe which has a golden blonde colour. Blondes are generally considered to be less intelligent than others with different hair colouring (ginger hair normally denotes minger status in addition to being a bit thick)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Arsenal sell beer cheaper after the games to try and keep people at the ground. Sounds like a good idea to me for the Amex.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Still is,couldn't believe the price of it.Why do people slag the place off!!

because they typically have two staff on to serve on a Saturday lunchtime with 500 football fans waiting at the bar. i believe most that go there at other times find its decent pub for pint and some food.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
because they typically have two staff on to serve on a Saturday lunchtime with 500 football fans waiting at the bar. i believe most that go there at other times find its decent pub for pint and some food.

Indeed. The staff actively don't want your custom. They despise their matchday customers. They're a sort of Ryanair of matchday pubs. They'd charge you a quid to use the loos if they could. Hateful place. Hope it goes bust when we move to Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here