Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Enzo Fernandez involved in racist chant

SAC

May 21, 2014
They were representing Argentina, the Argentinian FA should ban each one of them (that can be proved to be singing along) from representing them for 6 months or a year.

Chelsea are in a tricky position as I can't imagine any of Enzo's team mates will be happy with working alongside someone who is both openly racist but also happy to post a video of themselves being racist. They aren't going to sack him but he needs to come back and apologise to his team mates and then be banned for 3 months. I presume that he is the only Premier League player involved, it would be nice if Chelsea made an example of him and other clubs joined in.

The above is what should happen. I suspect either nothing will happen or perhaps a small fine for the Argentinian FA.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Chelsea are in a tricky position as I can't imagine any of Enzo's team mates will be happy with working alongside someone who is both openly racist but also happy to post a video of themselves being racist.

Apart from Nicolas Jackson 🫣

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In any other job you'd be sacked for gross misconduct.
In this job you can be but who would take the risk, losing any future sell on fee and the cost of litigation, it's all about money in football .......

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Chelsea have a £107 million problem

I'm not sure how they could bring him back into the team after that video/I don't know who'd buy him for that sort of money
The obvious candidates with their record and delightful fanbase would be Chelsea, maybe he could go to Strasberg for a while (helps with ffp as well)

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Jules Koundé of Barcelona retweets Fofana, adding "Pathetic".

1000008710.jpg

According to Paris Match, Fernandez has published a generic apology: "Sorry for very offensive language, no place for discrimination, got carried away, doesn't reflect my true beliefs, sincere regrets, etc." The usual boilerplate apology, and he didn't even address the French players directly.

1000008711.jpg

EDIT: Chelsea are apparently looking at imposing disciplinary action, according to The Guardian.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They were representing Argentina, the Argentinian FA should ban each one of them (that can be proved to be singing along) from representing them for 6 months or a year.

Chelsea are in a tricky position as I can't imagine any of Enzo's team mates will be happy with working alongside someone who is both openly racist but also happy to post a video of themselves being racist. They aren't going to sack him but he needs to come back and apologise to his team mates and then be banned for 3 months. I presume that he is the only Premier League player involved, it would be nice if Chelsea made an example of him and other clubs joined in.

The above is what should happen. I suspect either nothing will happen or perhaps a small fine for the Argentinian FA.
I have no time for Chelsea, dating back to my time as a Leeds 'fan' in the late 60s, but.... my reach-to here would be 'openly thick'.

That said, I'd be quite happy for him to take all that will be coming to him. It isn't the 'intention' that matters.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A rubbish racist song that doesn't even rhyme. And then they post it on Instagram.

They may be top footballers, but they are pretty dense.
It might rhyme in Spanish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here