Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough is enough- time to SLOW DOWN the singing

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I was disappointed at the lack of fans singing the brighton version of 'we love you'. I can only assume it's the west stand east stand not joining in because it's a north stand song.

Or just because it's a really, really shit chant with pathetic words that palace do a MUCH better job of singing?

[yt]SmaCmP1zAxU[/yt]

(Turn down the volume down a bit before you start playing though)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
The songs that Palace were the first to sing in this Country and a long time after a group of teenage muppets, with their pathetic attempts at Hartlepool, if I remember, decided to look to you superior rivals for inspiration.

We were singing "we love you" before you'd even heard about it. You nicked our song, we nicked your best player.

This is fking hilarious, EES you are classic comedy gold, Nice one I dont think I have ever laughed so much I do love satire

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If large numbers sing slow then others will follow.

There will be 20 odd thousand Albion fans at the game on Wednesday.
Maximum viewing NSC will at an exacturated (spelling?) guess for easy mathematics is say 1000.
A 1:20 ratio, assuming you can get all NSC visitors on board and they are all in the singing section is still not enough to have an effect. so you need to preach directly outside the north stand prior to the game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not a fan of the st Pauli song (its not a palace song) and I really hope we don't sing our version when we play them . If we are gonna sing it I reckon it would be better to change the words to anti palace ones. Something like we hate you we hate you , we hate you etc etc . And instead of sea sea sea in our version how about scum, scum , scum . The whole stadium would prob sing that including the words . Just my opinion like

This.

I have tried to like it. God knows I have TRIED. Been to EVERY game but Im sorry I dont like it.

But for one game only THIS

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Said it before but I'll say it again. It needs people who want to slow singing down, particularly GOSBTS, to gather around a talisman, somebody everyone recognises, such as Jack Straw as a possible example (with your permission, Mr Straw), at the same game and sing it at the right pace. Bristol City would have been the perfect opportunity, with unreserved seating. If enough people get it going at the right speed, all the kids who sing it at 300mph will have finished half way through the second bloody line, leaving it being heard at the right tempo from those still singing it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I must admit that this song would be much better if we had a collective version of "we are the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton & Hove Albion....." rather than just referring to the North Stand - it is more likely to get fans from all 3 sides of the ground joining in IMO.

Its an excellent idea, as a WSL at the Amex, you're hardly going to get the West stand singing "we are the north stand"

Though for all the agreement, sure it will fall on deaf ears

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yea good point.

I must admit that this song would be much better if we had a collective version of "we are the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton & Hove Albion....." rather than just referring to the North Stand - it is more likely to get fans from all 3 sides of the ground joining in IMO.
Good job you two weren't around in the 1970s.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I like the North Stand song but it's main problem at the moment is the 'We are the North Stand' bit, which makes it incredibly hard for the lyrics to catch onto anyone outside of the stand until the 'from Sussex' bit. Really believe we should change the lyrics to 'We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion etc.' as Seagull4ever suggested, then there'd be no reason for it not to cotton on to the rest of the fans, because at away days, fans will sing pretty much anything. This is up for the NSK to sort out as they're the ones who start the song, and I really hope they listen.

About GOSBTS, it really needs to be sung slower. I was sitting in WSL I Block at the Donny game, and there was one moment in the second half where WSU started it and it was sung at the correct speed and sounded absolutely amazing.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
oh...... AND it doesnt go on long enough.
a few woahhhhh's, and thats it.
needs to go on for 5+ minutes

:albion2:

Yea good point.

Its an excellent idea, as a WSL at the Amex, you're hardly going to get the West stand singing "we are the north stand"

Though for all the agreement, sure it will fall on deaf ears

I like the North Stand song but it's main problem at the moment is the 'We are the North Stand' bit, which makes it incredibly hard for the lyrics to catch onto anyone outside of the stand until the 'from Sussex' bit. Really believe we should change the lyrics to 'We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Hove Albion, Hove Albion etc.' as Seagull4ever suggested, then there'd be no reason for it not to cotton on to the rest of the fans, because at away days, fans will sing pretty much anything.

I agree and will be sing the new lyrics in the North from tomorrow onwards, Join in and let it spread. Must be kept going longer and even slower seems even this is getting rushed.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If we are gonna sing it I reckon it would be better to change the words to anti palace ones. Something like we hate you we hate you , we hate you etc etc . And instead of sea sea sea in our version how about scum, scum , scum . The whole stadium would prob sing that including the words . Just my opinion like

You are the Dickheads, the Dickheads The Dickheads
and Dickheads come from Selhurst, from Selhurst, from Selhurst
And Selhurst is a shithole, a shithole, a shithole
and full of Palace SCUM, SCUM, SCUM

Woooooohoawooooooooo

read on their forum they were planning on changing GOSBTS to "We got Glenn Murray on a free"

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
we hate you , we hate you we hate
the wankers from the selhurst , the selhurst, the selhurst
and croydon is a shithole , a shithole, a shithole
and full of palace scum , scum , scum

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hate to admit it but he's right, Palace version is way better!!!

If only we can come up with a better version and sing as loud and in unison.
On the positive side, they'll have an extra 40 minutes to practice it in the ground, after the police have locked them in for their own personal safety after we've hammered them 3-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here