Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough is enough- time to SLOW DOWN the singing

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Too many peope are guilty of it for it to ever slow down.
Christ, there was even a song played over the PA that everyone was singing along to and STILL everyone was chanting it way too fast. If you can't keep in time with the music in the background you are never going to get it right!

Last edited:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I was disappointed at the lack of fans singing the brighton version of 'we love you'. I can only assume it's the west stand east stand not joining in because it's a north stand song.

I must admit that this song would be much better if we had a collective version of "we are the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton & Hove Albion....." rather than just referring to the North Stand - it is more likely to get fans from all 3 sides of the ground joining in IMO.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I could not go to Leicester but listened to a bit on the radio, the singing was loud but sounded so fast it was silly.

Looking at the videos on this thread really highlights this Some Videos Of Leicester

It is not just SBTS anymore. Each chant ends up fading out because people cannot keep up.

From this Wednesday I propose that EVERYONE slows down. Keep the chants going but please, please, please sing it at a reasonable pace. Thoughts?
I couldn't agree more buy I wouldn't hold your breath. You see the youngsters who start the songs (and fair play to them ) seem to be in a competition to finish as quick as they can. It seems to be every song now. Like you say it's getting to the stage now whether it's worth joining in because the song will be finished before you draw breath for it.Slow down.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I must admit that this song would be much better if we had a collective version of "we are the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton & Hove Albion....." rather than just referring to the North Stand - it is more likely to get fans from all 3 sides of the ground joining in IMO.

Yea good point.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Just to mention that in both of the video's used in this thread as an example of singing at a reasonable speed, a drum features quite heavily.
That is all.

Was think exacty the same thing. f*** it, I'll say it- we need a drummer....

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
TOTALLY agree, i started off SBTS and craig mackail smith at leicester slowly and everyone joins in and boom it speeds up...i tried to get it going slowly and people just want to speed it up, is it really that difficult!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not wishing to be a moaning old got but there's are certain group of chumps that are to blame (you know who you are). It was perfectly illustrated last year by the fact that they all went to Oldham and the atmosphere was shit. In their absence at Rochdale, the atmosphere was amazing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If large numbers sing slow then others will follow. I just do not get it though, just seems bizarre. I have noticed that people cannot sing in time to SBTS or even clap to it when on the PA. I notice England fans finish the national anthem a good 15 seconds before the music ends. Is anyone else baffled by this?

The problem is once one group starts going quicker it's easier for everyone else to keep up rather than fight it.

Before the game there was a group of about 20 at the back or the stand singing songs half hour before kick off, they are some of they worst culprits for fast singing.

Directly behind the goal in the north stand sing much quicker than N1A, they need to sort it out.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
agreed

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
oh...... AND it doesnt go on long enough.
a few woahhhhh's, and thats it.
needs to go on for 5+ minutes

:albion2:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Not a fan of the st Pauli song (its not a palace song) and I really hope we don't sing our version when we play them . If we are gonna sing it I reckon it would be better to change the words to anti palace ones. Something like we hate you we hate you , we hate you etc etc . And instead of sea sea sea in our version how about scum, scum , scum . The whole stadium would prob sing that including the words . Just my opinion like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here