Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough is enough- time to SLOW DOWN the singing

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I could not go to Leicester but listened to a bit on the radio, the singing was loud but sounded so fast it was silly.

Looking at the videos on this thread really highlights this Some Videos Of Leicester

It is not just SBTS anymore. Each chant ends up fading out because people cannot keep up.

From this Wednesday I propose that EVERYONE slows down. Keep the chants going but please, please, please sing it at a reasonable pace. Thoughts?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
It was good to hear the Craig Mackail-Smith chant got an airing again, but why so fast and quick?!? It wasn't started that fast at Cardiff so slow it down a little bit and it will probably last longer

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree, but not everyone reads NSC so it won't happen.

If large numbers sing slow then others will follow. I just do not get it though, just seems bizarre. I have noticed that people cannot sing in time to SBTS or even clap to it when on the PA. I notice England fans finish the national anthem a good 15 seconds before the music ends. Is anyone else baffled by this?

Apr 14, 2011
Anymore of our songs your faux ultra numpties want to copy, maybe we can send a fw lads down to give you some lessons in how its done :tosser:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anymore of our songs your faux ultra numpties want to copy, maybe we can send a fw lads down to give you some lessons in how its done :tosser:

What do you mean YOUR songs? Do you mean the same songs that ALL football fans sing?

Apr 14, 2011
What do you mean YOUR songs? Do you mean the same songs that ALL football fans sing?

The songs that Palace were the first to sing in this Country and a long time after a group of teenage muppets, with their pathetic attempts at Hartlepool, if I remember, decided to look to you superior rivals for inspiration.

We were singing "we love you" before you'd even heard about it. You nicked our song, we nicked your best player.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The songs that Palace were the first to sing in this Country and a long time after a group of teenage muppets, with their pathetic attempts at Hartlepool, if I remember, decided to look to you superior rivals for inspiration.

We were singing "we love you" before you'd even heard about it. You nicked our song, we nicked your best player.

So, not your songs then. Do you not see something hypocritical in your post? I knew about "We love you" years ago......when I heard St Pauli sing it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I absolutely LOVE IT that you get so precious about a song sung by thousands of football supporters around the world. "sniff, sniff, we were the first :cry:". Not bad, considering you don't even know what the song's actually called, you total benny :lol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can we try to go superslow and get GOSBTS to last an entire half?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
So hang on , you're a York City fan?

When did York City sign Vicente?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
[yt]makLoWvLtMQ[/yt]

that's the way (uh huh , uh huh) we like it (uh huh,uh huh)

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Just to mention that in both of the video's used in this thread as an example of singing at a reasonable speed, a drum features quite heavily.
That is all.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I could not go to Leicester but listened to a bit on the radio, the singing was loud but sounded so fast it was silly.

Looking at the videos on this thread really highlights this Some Videos Of Leicester

It is not just SBTS anymore. Each chant ends up fading out because people cannot keep up.

From this Wednesday I propose that EVERYONE slows down. Keep the chants going but please, please, please sing it at a reasonable pace. Thoughts?
I couldn't agree more buy I wouldn't hold your breath. You see the youngsters who start the songs (and fair play to them ) seem to be in a competition to finish as quick as they can. It seems to be every song now. Like you say it's getting to the stage now whether it's worth joining in because the song will be finished before you draw breath for it.Slow down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here