Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough Ellen MacArthur Already!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez! The BBC are STILL at it this morning! Last night on the national news they kicked the Middle East Peace Process and Labour Plans For Immigration Quotas off the main reports to devote twenty minutes to showing a black screen with two dots of light (one a lighthouse, one the B&fookinQ catamaran apparently). Some of the lamest TV this side of Big Brother alive & Sleeping shots. And endless broadcasts from an extremely dull harbour today. Maybe something interesting will happen later. Like a big B&Q catamaran will cruise into the harbour. Worst of all, everytime they plug their woman reporter into the Orgasmatron and she gasps 'AMAZING scenes from Falmouth!' it sounds just like 'AMAZING scenes from Falmer!' Which would REALLY be something worth celebrating. Innit.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
:lolol:

Funny, but you're out of order.
The sea belongs to this country.Lets celebrate.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I know that I feel it should be a remarkable achievement. Woman spends 72 days at sea, alone in a boat in cramped almost intolerable conditions with a lack of sleep most of us couldn't cope with and breaks the record by 2 days. I just can't bring myself to care. Like anyone that has climbed Everest, it's a great achievement albeit one that registers on my radar for a millisecond. What amazes me is that the BBC LOVE this kind of thing, they can't get enough of it. All over the telly and Nicky Campbell on Five live this morning acting all pompous when people texted in thier indifference. Why do they really pick up on stories like this?

South Today will be unbearable this evening. Could Roger Johnson squeeze any further up the boring cows arse? )And would she be interested, something tells me no!)

She sailed round the world, I'm sure that's very good, but she was in a boat. Boats are designed for sailing (this one was designed to be fast and stay afloat in tough conditions), so it is hardly an unexpected achievement. She even gets to waste our cash by being collected by the Navy.

F*ck off back round the world in a Canoe, then I might applaud you MacArthur, until then stop hogging my bloody TV:angry:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good grief. Paula Radcliffe screwed up at the Olympics and she (quite rightly) got a proper caning on here for her woeful preparation. Now somebody gets it spectacularly right and people STILL aren't happy.

Having said that I DO know Hanibal Smith is on about, however it is a great achievment and I think we should be celebrating not moaning just because the coverage may be a tad too reverential. Still we are British so that probably explains it.

Jul 20, 2003
Irrespective of the FACT that she's broken the record it's a phenominal SPORTING achievement. I can't believe people slagging her off!

What a shame THIS BRITAIN has so many desperately miserable WANKERS.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Soton Seagull said:
South Today will be unbearable this evening. Could Roger Johnson squeeze any further up the boring cows arse? )And would she be interested, something tells me no!)

She sailed round the world, I'm sure that's very good, but she was in a boat. Boats are designed for sailing (this one was designed to be fast and stay afloat in tough conditions), so it is hardly an unexpected achievement. She even gets to waste our cash by being collected by the Navy.

F*ck off back round the world in a Canoe, then I might applaud you MacArthur, until then stop hogging my bloody TV:angry:

What really gets me is that she is from Derbyshire (not South today region), she sailed from and arrived in Falmouth (not South today region) so the only reason South today are interested is that it is to do with sailing and she sometimes stays on the IOW in between sailing. Why should are regional news program be full of non regional news? This morning South Today were going on about some Bypass around a village near Milton Keynes! Since when has Milton Keynes been on the South Coast of England?

Fair play she has spent 70+ days alone at sea, but she is getting huge amounts of £££'s from B&Q for doing it and has just about every bit of Hi-tech equipment you can fit onto a boat, power generator, GPS, Phone communicatiions even email! Hardly the same level as what earlier people did in the 70's and 80's.

Jul 20, 2003
Brovian said:
Good grief. Paula Radcliffe screwed up at the Olympics and she (quite rightly) got a proper caning on here for her woeful preparation. Now somebody gets it spectacularly right and people STILL aren't happy.

Having said that I DO know Hanibal Smith is on about, however it is a great achievment and I think we should be celebrating not moaning just because the coverage may be a tad too reverential. Still we are British so that probably explains it.

when they were covering it last night viewers did have the option of switching over to watch the deperately unfunny and smug 'Look around you' on 2, z-list celebrities trying to teach, z-list celebrities doing houses up against the clock or a complation of z-list celebrities giving farm animals hand jobs.

this morning, if people aren't happy with the coverage they can watch Trisha or listen to Talk Sport talking about some dodgy off-side decision as if it were the apocalypse.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
you miserable bunch of c****

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ah! Now Five Live are doing a proper news item of hospital cleaners only getting £4.85 an hour in London.

Maybe B&Q could give them a few bob, instead of spending it on a boat. That might just get me going back ito their doors.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't mind but we're getting it two fold down here becasuse of fuckign South Today and their' f***ing LOVE for reporting on anything to do with the SEA.

Do some proper JOURNALISM.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meanwhile, World War Three is put on hold as peace breaks out in the Middle East, while the two main political parties compete in the disgraceful "we can be nastier to foreigners than you lot" stakes. But no, "bird in boat" is the main news item.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Meanwhile, World War Three is put on hold as peace breaks out in the Middle East, while the two main political parties compete in the disgraceful "we can be nastier to foreigners than you lot" stakes. But no, "bird in boat" is the main news item.

"bird in a tree" would be infinitely more interesting than the two items you've just mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here