Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough Ellen MacArthur Already!

GUNTER said:
Francis Joyon
Previous solo round the world record holder

Ah, the LEGENDARY Francis Joyon :jester:

What she's done is certainly some achievement but I just can't help thinking and giggling about all those sketches on Dead Ringers where Jan Raven destroys her as a nasally-whining, socially-inept northern whinger - sorry :lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
London Irish said:
but I just can't help thinking and giggling about all those sketches on Dead Ringers where Jan Raven destroys her as a nasally-whining, socially-inept northern whinger - sorry :lolol:

Eh? they just made her cry alot. Which is what i'd do if faced with what she's come up against.(have you noticed how she hasn't cried since?)

I promised myself not to come back to this shit thread but it's now 3 pages.
Can someone start a poll? It'll be a good judge of just how much NSC is full of Withdean Whinger types.:salute:

a)Proud of Ellen and well worth the sponsorship money,
b) a total waste of time and money.

lets keep it simple.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beach Hut said:
To be so isolated for such a long time in extreme conditions gets my vote any day.
Come and join me in the South Stand on a wet Tuesday night then.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Yorkie said:
She spent 71 days with only 2 hours sleep per day, having to raise a sail which weighs two and a half times more than her own weight at least three or four times a day, in the equivalent conditions of a hose pipe at full pressure being played on her from 40 feet away.
Day after day after day.

It took gruelling grit and determination and has been pointed out beat the French at their own game (they have been dominating the sailing in recent years)
The route she took was the same as previous record holders.

I hope none of you whingers and moaners achieve something really remarkable and have everyone just shrug it off and moan about you.

Yes but she CHOOSE to do it. It may well have been a massive test of human endurance etc etc but at the end of the day if I decided to break the record for standing naked in a street with ice cold water being sprayed at me whilst beautiful women mocked my pathetic genitals (it would be VERY cold) I would not expect to be knighted for the endevour. Even if I did break a record previously set by a frenchman. I would be doing it for my own gratification and it would in essence achieve nothing for man kind.

A bit like sailing around the world in a yachet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here