Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
He looked nervous. Big occasion, big atmosphere, a lot at stake.

He looked poor, but he hasn't looked poor previously.

He did have one very good moment today though, when he nicked it on the wing and nearly knocked in a quality ball that could have been a goal.

Need to be patient with him.

Sublime pass that quite easily could have lead to a goal
But looked very rusty and far from match sharp
Was surprised Jakub was not Sollys replacement
As stated by others not always easy to come on as a sub and get up to speed straight away
The recruitment team can spot the talent Just need Harry to weave his magic
And polish these diamonds in the rough

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Give him time. He's not the first player to look like he needs the time to get up to speed with the EPL. He was also up against some seriously good players who were bossing the game at the point he came on.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Feel like he might be a creative midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder like Bissouma.

But who would have called Bissouma a defensive midfielder 3 years ago!?

Give him time. Poor today, admittedly.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I wouldn't.

Lad has potential. As seen in pre-season.

Pisses me off a bit that some fans are writing a young player off after just a few minutes.

Not writing him off, just think we have enough ammo in the locker these days in midfield to let him get up to speed.

Everyone around me said he had a shocker, it really wasn't just a few minutes.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Thought Moder would come on before him. Mwepu looked little off the pace when he came on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He set up a stunning opportunity by himself and slid a super ball into the box. Another day and that was a goal. Yes he looked nervous, and he seemed lost at times, but Leicester are the masters at moving you out of position and exploiting the gap. He's had half a game in the Prem before he come on today. I see a lot to like and have high hopes.

Quite.

There were two spotty 15 year olds seated behind me, experimenting with the volume of their half-broken voices and the in parento-absentio effing and jeffing opportunity. "Touch-tight FFS" was one hilarious bit of Playstation gobbledygook one of them vented (tag Leicester tight and they will turn you, and flip you - for real).

They didn't rate Nocker Mwepu.

In which case, I'm IN. I thought Nocker showed extraordinary potential, and that chance he created was, indeed, delicious. :bowdown:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite.

There were two spotty 15 year olds seated behind me, experimenting with the volume of their half-broken voices and the in parento-absentio effing and jeffing opportunity. "Touch-tight FFS" was one hilarious bit of Playstation gobbledygook one of them vented (tag Leicester tight and they will turn you, and flip you - for real).

In which case, I'm IN. I thought Nocker showed extraordinary potential, and that chance he created was, indeed, delicious. :bowdown:

:facepalm:

How many more chances do you want to give Mwepu FFS?

No wonder we’re a soft touch as a football club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:facepalm:

How many more chances do you want to give Mwepu FFS?

No wonder we’re a soft touch as a football club.

:lolol:

Apologies.

(clears throat)

Nocker Mwepu.

Get RID!

:shootself

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Enock Mwepu (Signed 06/07/2021)

He looked nervous. Big occasion, big atmosphere, a lot at stake.

He looked poor, but he hasn't looked poor previously.

He did have one very good moment today though, when he nicked it on the wing and nearly knocked in a quality ball that could have been a goal.

Need to be patient with him.

He was also very poor at Burnley and subbed at half time. Today was the wrong sub at the wrong time. Like you say though need to be patient and hope he comes good and can adapt fast .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not a great day, he’s raw but there’s defnitely a player in there.

Clearly an athlete and he was getting in the right positions, just seemed to lose control of his legs once he got in those positions to tackle or control the ball!

He’ll improve, looking forward to watching more of him can’t wait to see that big smile again when he scores.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He set up a stunning opportunity by himself and slid a super ball into the box. Another day and that was a goal. Yes he looked nervous, and he seemed lost at times, but Leicester are the masters at moving you out of position and exploiting the gap. He's had half a game in the Prem before he come on today. I see a lot to like and have high hopes.

This. The slating he’s getting on various threads is embarrassing. Give him a chance FFS.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Quite.

Touch tight is pretty standard football parlance to be fair.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still adapting to the pace and intensity of the PL.
As seen when he played in Moder against Cardiff in the League Cup he can pass and has vision.
Harsh to jump on his performance today, as many players have struggled to get into the pace of the game when coming off the bench, particularly where your team is being pushed onto the back foot.

Let him have time to adapt to the PL and reserve judgement until then.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Came on at a difficult stage of the match. Work in progress. Not a blinder, but consider new team, new surroundings, new to Premier League footy.....did ok. Can see the potential. I'm sure he will improve. UTA

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
True, but I’m approaching 40 and have used it for decades, it’s certainly not a PlayStation generation thing.

In all seriousness, having been around football all my life I never have heard it - possibly minimally as it rang a bell. Coaches and sayings I guess. Just ‘get tight’ is the usual expression for me (assuming that’s what it means) but horses for courses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here