Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enjoy

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I'd love to be stuck in there after the game when we beat them, the ground empties and Albion sing up for however long we are kept in! Not bothered, its a Saturday and i will get home eventually.

Or we could win 5-0, it could be pissing down with a cross wind soaking you, and all the trains could be delayed when you finally do get let out.
Reminds me of the days at the Withdean that...

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
It's like a 1980s timewarp at that place. About time people grew up and behaved like civilised human beings.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
It's like a 1980s timewarp at that place. About time people grew up and behaved like civilised human beings.

Really because I seem to remember at the Amex last year your lot claimed that Palace were throwing stones at you and then realised actually that it was brighton fans throwing stones at other Brighton fans. Check back a year and a bit ago and you'll see :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Really because I seem to remember at the Amex last year your lot claimed that Palace were throwing stones at you and then realised actually that it was brighton fans throwing stones at other Brighton fans. Check back a year and a bit ago and you'll see :)

'COYP' Believe wotever mate but do yourself a favour and get rid of that qoute from 'Icy Gull' it shows you and him up as prize pricks.:ffsparr:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm giving this one a miss this season. Saturday game means we'll probably get a repeat of that nonsense in 2002. I only got away because I used to have an uncle in Beckenham, so I walked up to the copper in charge of the cordon, said I wanted to get a bus to Beckenham, then turned the corner into Portland Road and got a bus to East Croydon. For all I knew, you lot were still at Norwood Junction when I got back to East Grinstead. Last season was far easier: Clapham Gull and I went to a copper in Park Road and said we wanted to get to Thornton Heath as we were going to London rather than Sussex. We got through and met up with Captain Haddock and the rest of the London rabble. As I'd be going back to Sharpthorne this time, I don't think I'll bother. Charlton is far more amenable: Royal Oak before the game, then beers at London Bridge afterwards.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cant remember major issues with transport at the last 3 away encounters up there.

Yes locked in is a pain more for the fact that the beer is wearing off.

Other than that I can tolerate a packed train for 30 mins to Hay Heath where alot change trains (and may be direct to HH)

Back in Brighton for 7

Seems alot crying off over not much at all.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
They should lock in whoever wins the match. (Well, the fans of the winners, not the players)

Oh, and if it's a draw, they should decide with a giant spinning wheel, started by Roger de Courcey and Nookie Bear.

Rubbish, that is not the reason at all. The MET hate Palace for some bizzare reason, they seem to treat you like scum at almost every game and your liason officer Dorrans seems to hate you all too. Maybe it's all the wannabe Danny Dyers in the HF Ultras, you know the ones, they dress in black and bang a drum.

You only have to look on BBS to find thread after thread on the treatment of you fans by the Plod to realise that the problem is predominently at your end.

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
No. But if, God forbid, we win, then it absolutely will be the best way to spend a Saturday. The problem is, we probably wont. Is it worth the risk of missing it on the probability that we wont? No.

Absolutely...!!! Even if there is a tiny chance that we might win it's worth it. If we lose so what, no shame in losing away, better than losing at home. Got to take the good with the bad in this game unless you're a twat of a JCL with a 'back up' Premiership side as your 'B' or evan 'A' team in which case your support means f##k all anyway. Can't wait for Dec 1st, will be there at that shit-hole of a ground with bell's on, will be a good day out regardless. Buckley to score twice, CMS to bag one as well, 3-0 to The Albion...!!! Happy Xmas Palarse....!!!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Rubbish, that is not the reason at all. The MET hate Palace for some bizzare reason, they seem to treat you like scum at almost every game and your liason officer Dorrans seems to hate you all too. Maybe it's all the wannabe Danny Dyers in the HF Ultras, you know the ones, they dress in black and bang a drum.

You only have to look on BBS to find thread after thread on the treatment of you fans by the Plod to realise that the problem is predominently at your end.

Can't blame the Met for hating Palace, they're only human! All the other London clubs are less hassle, come to think of it even Pompey can behave better than Palace. it just seems ridiculous that in this day and age people, whoever they support, can't leave a football match in a civilised manner. Blimey, at the Amex we all get to have a beer together afterwards ffs!

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

If he said that because he was referring to the way the police treat people down at Selhurst then hands up my apologies. I thought he meant because we act like Neanderthals and felt it was best to remind him of recent events. But my apologies.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
To make it fair they should keep both sets of fans locked in after.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I remember last year when we were being marched to the ground and one of their fans ran out of a pub and spat at a guys face who looked about 50/60 ish shows how nice they are

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
'The stadium facilities will remain open for you to use' - I suppose they mean that hole in the ground will be available to piss in.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't blame the Met for hating Palace, they're only human! All the other London clubs are less hassle, come to think of it even Pompey can behave better than Palace. it just seems ridiculous that in this day and age people, whoever they support, can't leave a football match in a civilised manner. Blimey, at the Amex we all get to have a beer together afterwards ffs!

I'm sorry, but that is a load of nonsense. So you think Millwall, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham etc are less hassle than Palace are? That is laughable. Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps Palace are only really any trouble at games with us, which, lets be honest, bar the odd game, is exactly the same with Brighton.

f*** me it's only one match, it'll be good for the young uns to see what it was like back in the 80's, We were held back after almost every match regardless of who we were playing or how few of us there were, we had no human rights then. At Roker Park once (1988?) about an hour before kick off one of the lads displayed his Albion scarf briefly and with that the four of us were effectively 'under arrest' and marched past the chippy (that we wanted to go in) and past the pub (that we wanted to go in) and forced through the turnstile, beerless and chipless. Another time at Preston, we were hoping we were being kept in, as we were all let out at the same time it resulted in some of us having to leg it (them days eh?) I'm glad football's safer and generally a better day out now, but I honestly think those who are staying away are simply using this as an excuse for not going rather than admit they're skint after Wolves/HTFC, would rather go to Charlton, think we'll get beat, saving up for Xmas or whatever

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I remember last year when we were being marched to the ground and one of their fans ran out of a pub and spat at a guys face who looked about 50/60 ish shows how nice they are

I remember last year after the Amex a Palace fan of about 16 bragging how he'd headbutted a 60 year old man. I was utterly disgusted until his 12 year old brother came back from the toilet with blood dripping down his face and showed us why the 16 year old headbutted the 60 year old.

The appalling behaviour goes both ways or are you a JCL who's never seen Derby day before?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wonder if all pubs shut to away again
Went for Fish n Chips with Palace fans last time. Most of them are a nice bunch really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here