Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Engraved Granite Slabs for the Amex..launched today

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just got one for my lad, why? because he's never seen us playing anywhere except the theatre of shit and we've watched the amex go up together.

If people on here think its a shitty money making scheme then just dont bother with it.

Easy as.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just got one for my lad, why? because he's never seen us playing anywhere except the theatre of shit and we've watched the amex go up together.

If people on here think its a shitty money making scheme then just dont bother with it.

Easy as.

I agree with that totally. I'm not getting one myself but calling it tacky/superfan is bollox.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Getting one for my grandfather who always said he'd never live to see the new stadium and unfortunately he was correct.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
As for how much they are...where do people imagine the funds raised from this are going? could it be to Brighton and Hove Albion? Could Brighton and Hove Albion benefit from raising extra funds?

Marketing you see. Marketing.

Getting one for my grandfather who always said he'd never live to see the new stadium and unfortunately he was correct.

My father said the same, in fact he thought the club would never get approval for Falmer. He died in 2003 so never knew but I kept some money back from the inheritance and have ordered one for him.

stupid idea making money out of "fanatic" deluded "belonging and association" to the club.

so having your name in concrete near the ground does what exactly to the scores of games / enjoyment of games / other?

bha are turning into a business - using a bank as a ground sponser, selling slabs of concrete - alas, it is a sign of the times - and im going off football - season long loans, £30m games, foreign investors la la la.... its nonsense.

To an extent I understand your view and wouldn't necessarily disagree.

The fact is that BHA will now have to maximise every possible commercial opportunity from a much larger clientele and that will include trying to encourage supporters to pay for things they never even dreamed off.

We do have to accept the principle but individuals don't have to pay if they don't want although I suspect there will be times when fan loyalty will be tested to the extreme.

Bottom line is the more money the club can generate the more they have to spend on players and what do good players make? And so it will continue.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
To an extent I understand your view and wouldn't necessarily disagree.

The fact is that BHA will now have to maximise every possible commercial opportunity from a much larger clientele and that will include trying to encourage supporters to pay for things they never even dreamed off.

We do have to accept the principle but individuals don't have to pay if they don't want although I suspect there will be times when fan loyalty will be tested to the extreme.

Bottom line is the more money the club can generate the more they have to spend on players and what do good players make? And so it will continue.

is there a long winded echo in here?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
stupid idea making money out of "fanatic" deluded "belonging and association" to the club.

so having your name in concrete near the ground does what exactly to the scores of games / enjoyment of games / other?

bha are turning into a business - using a bank as a ground sponser, selling slabs of concrete - alas, it is a sign of the times - and im going off football - season long loans, £30m games, foreign investors la la la.... its nonsense.

I don't think all that is going to fit on a slab !!

for some reason I disagree with the first 2 lines as fans clearly have the choice to buy or not to, what we don't have a choice to is the last 3 lines, I believe the game was getting along fine for 100 years without the advent of shirt sponsorship, and as for naming rights for stadia, interesting that some
of those who critisesed 'brunswick' refer to our new stadium as 'a**x'. I personally will never use that name, it's not in my contract. (is it in yours?)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

What do you think football is then Brunswick? would you rather we played in preston park on sundays so you can enjoy the "integrity" of the game?

Its a business my friend, always was, always will be.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Great as a memorial. Great for kids (helpful to build a connection). Great Xmas present.

Pretty knobby if you're buying one for yourself.

That's wot I reckon.

I hope people try to get some naughty messages in. :thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Is this the second official launch, after NSC ruined the first?

previewImage.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here