Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Engraved Granite Slabs for the Amex..launched today

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This looks like a fantastic scheme. I'll have to persuade somebody to get me one for Christmas! (it seems wrong to buy one for myself!)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm having one, and buying one for my Pilarse supporting Son, just to wind him up!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This looks like a fantastic scheme. I'll have to persuade somebody to get me one for Christmas! (it seems wrong to buy one for myself!)

My wife has already said she'd buy me one. I didn't even ask.

Result.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
stupid idea making money out of "fanatic" deluded "belonging and association" to the club.

so having your name in concrete near the ground does what exactly to the scores of games / enjoyment of games / other?

bha are turning into a business - using a bank as a ground sponser, selling slabs of concrete - alas, it is a sign of the times - and im going off football - season long loans, £30m games, foreign investors la la la.... its nonsense.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
stupid idea making money out of "fanatic" deluded "belonging and association" to the club.

so having your name in concrete near the ground does what exactly to the scores of games / enjoyment of games / other?

bha are turning into a business - using a bank as a ground sponser, selling slabs of concrete - alas, it is a sign of the times - and im going off football - season long loans, £30m games, foreign investors la la la.... its nonsense.

Shall I put you down as a maybe?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good to see they listened about the price :glare: £116 is a huge amount.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I have an element of sympathy with your view - but football has been a 'business' ever since the 19th century when clubs first started needing to generate income in order to pay players. Everything that's happened since then is just building on that beginning.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I know you're being deliberately provocative - or at least I assume you are - but on a serious point, for anyone who's lost someone who will never get to see the team play at Falmer but used to go to the Goldstone regularly, it's a good way to remember them at the Amex. A link to the past, which is what so much of following a club for a lifetime is really about.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
It's all very well, but ...

... Arsenal have just launched the Fanshare scheme. This won't give fans collectively any substantial influence, though holders will be able to attend the AGM, I think.

http://www.arsenalfanshare.com/

This seems a much more genuine way of 'involving' fans who are prepared to put in a 'large-christmas-present' size chunk of cash.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My honest view is that in general it is a slightly tacky money-making avenue which panders to many aspects of superfan-dom, but it's not the first in football, and won't be the last.

The best/only reason for using this I can see is the memorial angle. Personally (and it is a personal thing, clearly) it's not the way I would want to remember a loved one, but then again I don't have recently deceased relatives who were devoted to the Albion. It's not hurting me or anyone else, so if that's appropriate for others, I don't really see the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here