Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English National Alliance to march on Brighton

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Maybe someone should tell them that the students are not back until September. It is a bit weird that they seem to hate students so much.

That would involve them them engaging their brain. Something clearly unlikely to happen.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Maybe someone should tell them that the students are not back until September. It is a bit weird that they seem to hate students so much.

What's wrong with hating students ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The fascists think, that if they keep changing their name, and add to it the TOTAL bollocks about their English right to march, people will forget they are fascist wankers. If some people here say its their right to bring potential trouble to the city, then im afraid I believe you are idiots.
If I was in Brighton. I would confront a fascist march. Im not a student. Im not unemployed. Im English. I dont want fascists, with their fascist ideals in a town that is celebrated for its diversity and tolerance.
Putting the word English on all their new names doesnt make them any less fascist.
If people want to let it go ahead, after all, its their English 'right', but think the counter protesters are worse, then, what can you do.
If there was any sense at all, the council and police would tell them their march is not needed, or required in Brighton.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If there was any sense at all, the council and police would tell them their march is not needed, or required in Brighton.

All very well but doesn't that rather impinge on their rights ? This is a democracy after all and they are entitled to have their say no matter how stupid it is.

Hardly democratic trying to prevent them is it ? Better that they make a public spectacle of themselves surely ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Let the idiots march. They are legally allowed. I said if anybody had sense...
No march. No violence.
Does anybody believe that this march is occurring because its unconfrontational and unlikely to bring violence to Brighton streets?

The fascists have been doing this for years, and despite it, they are always confronted by many, many more people. Thats democracy I guess. Just makes me laugh when fascists march, people slag off the people who confront them ie excercising their legal right to counter protest..
If there was a support Al Qaeda/Taliban march in the city, would people criticize the people who counter protest, even violently? I doubt it.

Last edited:

All very well but doesn't that rather impinge on their rights ? This is a democracy after all and they are entitled to have their say no matter how stupid it is.

Hardly democratic trying to prevent them is it ? Better that they make a public spectacle of themselves surely ?

There's a great deal of difference between marching for a political ideal (eg "Englishness") and targeting a particular section of the community (eg "students").

These people are scum, precisely because they are deliberately doing the second thing, while proclaiming the first.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What's wrong with hating students ?

Having a jokey hatred of students is one thing. Basing a protest march on a few opinionated students at Sussex Uni is quite another.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
From their Facebook page:-

"We are heading for Brighton and marching in defence of our right to be English".

this idea is so moronic it makes me want to weep.

Two things, firstly what makes you so sure that they will be a 'mob of pissed up racist twats' ? Secondly what makes you think that the opposition will be any better ? More people will be interested when said confrontation takes place and what good will opposing these people do ? Those who agree with them still will and in fact any confrontation will only make such minded people even more entrenched in their views.

read about them. they're racist twats. they'll probably be pissed up.

hmm, people fighting brown people, or people fighting the people fighting brown people. yeah, that is a close call.

"all that it is necessary for the triumph of evil, etc."

i doubt it. a public demonstartion that this sort of thinking is not tolerated sends out a positive message, and is more likely to make people think twice about their views.

anti-intellectualism is a common trait among fascist regimes.

Hardly democratic trying to prevent them is it?

democracy doesn't mean unlimited freedom. that's anarchy. often rights are curtailed in the interests of society. inciting racial hatred, etc.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Walt - what exactly was the point you were trying to make when you started this thread?

I know NSC covers a wide range of topics but you know that this kind of issue is contentious and that the thread is guaranteed to descend into a ruck. It has no new points to make and can only open NSC (and Bozza) to potential grief.

Not big and not clever. Just stupid.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

To be fair, the chances of them actually having attended University*, and therefore knowing the term dates, are between zero and slim, and slim is outta town at present.

*unless they were cleaning/licking windows of course.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How absolutely lovely that they'll be gracing good ol' Brighton & Hove with their joyful, positive presence. And on a traditional English Bank Hols to boot. Hurrah!

I might take some Cucumber sandwiches down to them (with the crusts chopped off, naturally) & break out the Robinsons Barley Water. Get those flags out everybody - & yes, you too Mr & Mrs Johnny Foreign Sawt.

Top hole! :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a great deal of difference between marching for a political ideal (eg "Englishness") and targeting a particular section of the community (eg "students").

These people are scum, precisely because they are deliberately doing the second thing, while proclaiming the first.

Yes but what good will it do anybody if they are opposed ? It'll lead to a confrontation which is probably what they want. The problem is as we've seen all too often the people who turn up to oppose these marches are from the far left or just out and out anarchists who just want a scrap. I doubt that many people would notice the ENA as things stand. However wrong people think they are (as do I) it's also wrong to try to prevent them marching. It never ceases to amaze me the way left leaning people go on about democracy and yet they seem so often very ready to act against it.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I shall be doing well and truly "English"(and Norman and Saxon and all that stuff) all weekend at Herstmonceux Castle. Otherwise I could go down and ridicule fat racist bastards wearing silly length trousers. Still, you can't get to everything, can you? Especially when the alternatives make so much more sense. Unlike the organisers of this "march".

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
read about them. they're racist twats. they'll probably be pissed up. hmm, people fighting brown people, or people fighting the people fighting brown people. yeah, that is a close call.

"all that it is necessary for the triumph of evil, etc."

i doubt it. a public demonstartion that this sort of thinking is not tolerated sends out a positive message, and is more likely to make people think twice about their views.

anti-intellectualism is a common trait among fascist regimes.

democracy doesn't mean unlimited freedom. that's anarchy. often rights are curtailed in the interests of society. inciting racial hatred, etc.

And you don't think that your views are in anyway biased ? I agree that people like the ENA are an abomination but any sort of publicity they get suits them. The fact that they are being opposed with in all probability, hostility, will just just give them oxygen. Ignoring them makes more sense. Let the Police look after them and don't make the job harder for the folks in blue by creating a fracas.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes but what good will it do anybody if they are opposed ? It'll lead to a confrontation which is probably what they want. The problem is as we've seen all too often the people who turn up to oppose these marches are from the far left or just out and out anarchists who just want a scrap. I doubt that many people would notice the ENA as things stand. However wrong people think they are (as do I) it's also wrong to try to prevent them marching. It never ceases to amaze me the way left leaning people go on about democracy and yet they seem so often very ready to act against it.

I would not try to PREVENT them marching, but I would certainly express my democratic right to oppose their views, through reasoned argument and debate.

Give them a microphone and show them up to be the illiterate half wits that they are is always the best approach.

As for the professional lefties, soap dodgers and bunny huggers, I agree that they are no better with their tedious sloganeering and views which are often as intolerant and fascist as the people they claim to oppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here