Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] England’s response to the Haka

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Had Eddie Jones all over it (in a good way). One of the players said it was his idea. Loved it. The only way we were going to win today was to get amongst them and we started before kick off. Great to see.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
It's a challenge. If you lay down a challenge, expect the opposition to pick up the gauntlet and accept that by getting in your face..
There's a whole load of nonsense from New Zealand about this. Like them moaning about England having a black chsnge strip a couple of years back..

Opposition teams can respect the haka bit there's no need to reverence it: and nor should they.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a challenge. If you lay down a challenge, expect the opposition to pick up the gauntlet and accept that by getting in your face..
There's a whole load of nonsense from New Zealand about this. Like them moaning about England having a black chsnge strip a couple of years back..

Opposition teams can respect the haka bit there's no need to reverence it: and nor should they.

100%. Get in their faces, smirk, turn your back on it, but looking on in quiet revelation/respect is not the right answer. Well done Owen Farrell.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Indigenous tribal dance invaded and consumed by jaws of thin white line. No reason we should respect it despite it being culturally interesting. Perhaps employ Morris men to dance round them next time?

I actually spat beer over my computer when I read that... brilliant, and what a picture. Let’s see if we can get it in place for the final, hankies, bells and all...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I’d like the England players to stand smoking a fag and having a natter in response.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ahead of? - Flower of Scotland, an un-pop song from 1967, turned into a rallying cry ....... before yet another early RWC exit or football loss to Kazakhstan.
Oddly I read that as 'loss to Kasabian' and it still made sense.

Me thinks it's time for bed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Indigenous tribal dance invaded and consumed by jaws of thin white line. No reason we should respect it despite it being culturally interesting. Perhaps employ Morris men to dance round them next time?
I love that idea, Morris men and rugby are a prefect mix.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Morris Men that would stick it to them with bells on

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It doesn't hurt to stand there and watch it, I have no problems with England facing up to it, clearly England players are strong enough mentally and physically to beat The All Blacks and in that way they have shown that the Haka has been respected but totally ineffective.
I am not surprised to see many uncultured swines on this thread.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
As an aside, do all New Zealand men learn the Haka, or just rugby players?

I would love to be in those practice session when someone teaches them, and what if you can’t get the moves, do you get dropped?

I don’t get the reverence for it, looks fun to watch, but feel it unfair that New Zealand are given this opportunity, above all and every other rugby playing nation, to intimidate opponents in this way!

As already said bring on the Morris Men, and if Wales get to the final they can bring out Max Boyce (if he’s still alive).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here