Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But hang on, isn't this the 'golden generation', best set of players we've had for years, shoo-ins for the World Cup if it wasn't for that inept Swede?

Is that really the best we've got?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's face it they are all very very average. Who's inspired by any of them??

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Just been speaking to Sven,and he was a bit sorry that McCammon wasn't available to him.

So he's taking Leon to brighten things up,and improve the atmosphere in the dressing room.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Right, own up. Who's voted for Andy Cole :ohmy:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Shearer. Partner him with Owen. He's nowhere near past it, don't know why he retired - Sven should be trying to get him to come back for the World Cup.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I dont think Teddy is too old to play. He shows exceptional touches, good workrate and fitness. And he never officially retired!! I suspect Sven hasnt picked him as he is far too creative and enjoyable to watch. :jester:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
withdeanwombat said:
Just been speaking to Sven,and he was a bit sorry that McCammon wasn't available to him.

So he's taking Leon to brighten things up,and improve the atmosphere in the dressing room.

Leon's not going now. There are no creche facilities, and Beckham was objecting to having to put Leon on his lap on the plane.

Trolley was going to go, but he missed the plane. And the taxi. And the hotel. Last heard of having some trouble with a cow's backside and a banjo.....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
Shearer. Partner him with Owen. He's nowhere near past it, don't know why he retired - Sven should be trying to get him to come back for the World Cup.

Shearer jacked it in as he did not feel he could do justice to both Newcastle and England and decided to give his all for Newcastle. After that second knee injury he lost a lot of pace and power from his game and did not look the same force for on the international stage post 1998.

Of what is available, I would probably take Heskey as he offers something different to Owen and Defoe, but he is so annoying, as he seems to have talent, but real confidence issues.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's going to be Crouch, that's what Sven wants.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Rob Hulse :p

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Heskey or Bent, No-one else from that list, especially not Crutch or i'll be supporting Angola for the world cup.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im willing to wait till the last minute to decide on this one.
Whoever is the form man come the time would get my vote.

Will we not be taking 5 strikers ?......

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
Sheringham still has it, does not need the pace as he has never had any of that, still one of the best footballing brains we have ever had !!!, Bent exactly the same as all the other strikers, need some variation on the bench

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We should really think about taking 5 dont you think? Someone like Sheringham as well. Who could play up front or behind the strikers. One injury, Rooney '04, and we will be left toothless

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
But Walcott is another Owen / Defoe type of player, the need is for something different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here