• Sheringham

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I would like to see Darren Bent there. Do England really need a targetman? Heskey and Crouch are both useless.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
robbied69 said:
I would like to see Darren Bent there. Do England really need a targetman? Heskey and Crouch are both useless.

Yes they do. Otherwise we'll have no options, if things go wrong, we'll have no way of changing our style of play. What's the point of a bench if you don't have any different kinds of players on it?

Stumpy Tim

Trigger said:
Heskey or Bent, No-one else from that list, especially not Crutch or i'll be supporting Angola for the world cup.

If your footballing management skills are as good as your cricket management skills I would definitely play Crouch every week :wave:

Sheringham would definitely "add another option". Heskey would also "add another option" - but that option would be to not jump for headers & be outmuscled by a blade of grass.

Crouch wouldn't be so bad, but my order of preference would be Sheringham (not going to happen though), Bent, Crouch, Cole, Heskey

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably Mark McCammon or Chris McPhee, but it would be too hard to drop either player from the squad.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Silent Bob said:
:nono:

Basically a similar type of player to Heskey, but worse. But the tabloids haven't made him a scapegoat yet so give him a try. ???

They inevitably would, we should just take Owen, Bent, Johnson, and Defoe so we can have 4 strikers who are 5 foot nothing who all play the exact same way, that'd be good.

(no Rooney?!)

without sounding pedantic Darren Bent is at least 5ft 11- Johnson is 5ft 6, Owen 5ft 7, Defoe is 5ft 6.

My choice would be Bent.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
I think every team needs a target man. Unless they are footballing gods like Brazil.

Italy - Vieri
Czech - Koller
Australia - Viduka :jester:
Brazil have Adriano.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the right footed denilson said:
(no Rooney?!)

without sounding pedantic Darren Bent is at least 5ft 11- Johnson is 5ft 6, Owen 5ft 7, Defoe is 5ft 6.

My choice would be Bent.

None of them are a prescence in the air though. Shearer isn't huge, but is excellent in the air, so it's not all about height. That's why we need Crouch or Heskey.

I'm not sure why Bent is now being championed after a few good games, no-one was saying he was this good when he was in the Championship. Why not have Andy Johnson?* He proved he could score goals over a WHOLE season.

Other than the fact he's Palace.

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
DJ Leon said:
None of them are a prescence in the air though. Shearer isn't huge, but is excellent in the air, so it's not all about height. That's why we need Crouch or Heskey.

I'm not sure why Bent is now being championed after a few good games, no-one was saying he was this good when he was in the Championship. Why not have Andy Johnson?* He proved he could score goals over a WHOLE season.

because i doubt lampard or beckham would let him take the penalties.

heskey for me

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DJ Leon said:

Because he's THE SAME AS DEFOE, ROONEY, AND OWEN.
doh.gif

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
you can never have too many bent players in your team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here