Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England...

Do you actually give a shit about watching the England game tonight?...

• Yes - Must Watch

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • No - They Bore Me

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Fence - Mmmm Sweet Fence

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Actually one of the more appealing England games vs quality opposition. I didnt bother on Saturday, and never do vs the minnows that where we flatter to deceive, but may take a look tonight as its one of those morbid games where it could go totally tits up or we could do something decent.

Its hard to get excited when you see Stewart Downing instead of Beckham though. WTF.

Volvic

Banned
Oct 11, 2006
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
shut up and wake up!

ENGLAND!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Listen sunshine. I have followed England for years. Travelled and paid my money. Taken days off work etc. They let me down everytime. I doesnt mean as juch to them as it does to me. I hate footballers.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Volvic said:
Listen sunshine. I have followed England for years. Travelled and paid my money. Taken days off work etc. They let me down everytime. I doesnt mean as juch to them as it does to me. I hate footballers.

excuse me for showing a bit of passion

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Brovian said:
Eh? What planet are you from? One bad match every now and then and I'd be tempted to believe you. Have you actually watched these players trying to play? Never mind the tactics the lack of basic technique is lamentable. There have been a lot better players over the last 30 years than the likes of Neville, Downing, Defoe, Lampard, Robinson, Terry etc. The 1990 World Cup semi-final side and the 1996 Euro side would murder this current lot.

I'm talking about on paper, the players you've listed are better in terms of their club form than the likes of Redknapp, Anderton etc were. The only position I think we were stronger in the two tournaments you've mentioned would be up front.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Albion Dan said:
Actually one of the more appealing England games vs quality opposition. I didnt bother on Saturday, and never do vs the minnows that where we flatter to deceive, but may take a look tonight as its one of those morbid games where it could go totally tits up or we could do something decent.

Its hard to get excited when you see Stewart Downing instead of Beckham though. WTF.

Exactly, Maclaren has given Beckham the chop from the squad to make a point, he will now be too stubborn to bring him back.

We need Beckham in the squad now you useless ruddy faced plonker Maclaren.

And while i'm at it, could you please teach those bufoons how to string more than 3 passes together.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
crodonilson said:
I'm talking about on paper

On super hyped-up tabloid paper.

Face it, the only reason most people think the current lot are better is because we are told to believe it. Even the players themselves believe it - but not in the way we would like them to.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Won't be watching, no passion and players not performing with a clueless manager. Expect i'll watch the Ireland game or something.
Did watch the Under 21's last night, that was good and Theo oh my what a second goal

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Brovian said:
Exactly. "We've got the players, we just need the right manager!" Is there ANYBODY left who still believes that? The fact that an honest trier like Steven Gerrard will be missed toniight and also is reckoned by some England fans to be 'world class' tells you everything you need to know about the state of the national team and the myopia of some fans.

I still think we'll get at least a draw though. No one's expecting anything and they won't have that 'Golden Generation' pressure on them any more. It'll be good starting as underdogs.

We've a very good squad but nowhere near the best in europe. However McLaren is an awful coach and always has been. We've no tactics, dropped one our better players, refusing to acknowledge the fact that you need pace somewhere to win a game, have no ability to retain possession and he;s now f***ing around with the defence despite the fact that's the one thing we've done well recently

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
keaton said:
We've a very good squad but nowhere near the best in europe. However McLaren is an awful coach and always has been. We've no tactics, dropped one our better players, refusing to acknowledge the fact that you need pace somewhere to win a game, have no ability to retain possession and he;s now f***ing around with the defence despite the fact that's the one thing we've done well recently

I hate Gerrard, glad he's not playing tonight, far, far too many crap game sin the three lions jersey - always looks like he might come good but ultimatley lets everyone down. Rooneys never been the same since euro 2004.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
With Gerrard, Cole, Hargreaves, Lennon, Owen and possibly Ferdinand missing it will be interesting to see how well we do. It's a great chance to see if we do have a decent squad or just a handful of big name players and a bunch of international journeymen. Also interesting to see how they react to failing to beat macedonia(for the second time in four games...).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
crodonilson said:
I'm talking about on paper, the players you've listed are better in terms of their club form than the likes of Redknapp, Anderton etc were. The only position I think we were stronger in the two tournaments you've mentioned would be up front.
Disagree, I think we were better in all area, EXCEPT perhaps up front where I'll accept an in-form Rooney is arguably the greatest-ever England player. In midfield and defence the likes of Waddle, Platt, Gascgoine, Pearce and Des Walker would walk into the current England side - and I'd pick Shilton or Seaman in their prime over Robinson.

The point is that in every era there have been good, average and poor England players which is why I get the hump every time someone says "greatest set of players for x years". There ARE some good players in the current crop (like Rooney) but take two or three of the top names out and I honestly believe the overall standard of what is left is actually lower than at other times in the recent past. (Although admittedly not as low as the 1970s when we never even qualified for tournaments).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
According to the Sun, the team will be

-----------------------robinson----------

-------carragher-----terry---ferdinand-------

Neville------parker-----------lampard-----------carrick--------cole

----------crouch--------------rooney

So where is the creativity....where is the crossing ability.......where is the wingers.........where is BECKHAM? or if not him, where is Wright Phillips

If you are going to play a giraffe, then you must have someone to cross it to him.....otherwise what is the point?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Crouch and Rooney partnership will never work, even less so in that formation.

0-0 would be a good result. :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's gone for a bleeing DRAW.

At least he's realised that it might be worth using two of the best attacking full backs in the world as wing backs. Kinda makes sense.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh FFS!!! :angry: :angry:

MCLAREN
McLaren's team is top of the group, has yet to conceed a goal and beat the current European champions. What more does the bloke have to do? Plus he's not Sven. Why are England fans never happy unless we beat everyone 8-0?? Arrrrgghhhh.

DOWNING (for whoever said it)
Is clearly pony. Has so little pace at his young age that by the time he gets to 30 will be comically shit in a Mark Farrington type way. However he's playing instead of Beckham because he's a left midfielder and Beckham is a right midfielder. Opposite sides of the field you see. If you played both together we'd be even more long ball than Watford since you'd have a pair of wingers who couldn't beat an egg. Once Joe Cole gets fit that's Downing's cards and money for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here