Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England...

Do you actually give a shit about watching the England game tonight?...

• Yes - Must Watch

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • No - They Bore Me

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Fence - Mmmm Sweet Fence

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Guinness Boy said:
Oh FFS!!! :angry: :angry:

MCLAREN
McLaren's team is top of the group, has yet to conceed a goal and beat the current European champions. What more does the bloke have to do? Plus he's not Sven. Why are England fans never happy unless we beat everyone 8-0?? Arrrrgghhhh.

DOWNING (for whoever said it)
Is clearly pony. Has so little pace at his young age that by the time he gets to 30 will be comically shit in a Mark Farrington type way. However he's playing instead of Beckham because he's a left midfielder and Beckham is a right midfielder. Opposite sides of the field you see. If you played both together we'd be even more long ball than Watford since you'd have a pair of wingers who couldn't beat an egg. Once Joe Cole gets fit that's Downing's cards and money for me.

In competitive games we've beaten Andorra, who are shit, and been very lucky to het 4 points from Macedonia. We've yet to play the other three best teams in the group. My profile is our performance. We played poorly in the world cup but had Beckham so we'd at least threaten from dead balls. NOw we're less organised and poorer and don't have beckham.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im a bit bored of hearing England players say :

"We can thjings under this boss!"

:yawn: whatever.....wuartefinals it is then, getting to the finals by te skin of our teeth!

:nono:

I shall be watching Scotland, a team full of confidence and playing for each other rather than their own ego's!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
keaton said:
In competitive games we've beaten Andorra, who are shit, and been very lucky to het 4 points from Macedonia. We've yet to play the other three best teams in the group. My profile is our performance. We played poorly in the world cup but had Beckham so we'd at least threaten from dead balls. NOw we're less organised and poorer and don't have beckham.

I agree that Andorra are shit and our 2 subsequent performances were hardly mind blowing but I can't stand people slagging off McLaren after 4 games, none of which he's conceeded a goal in and 3 of which he's won. You can only beat what's in front of you. Both Lampard and Gerrard should be perfectly capable of delivering a big threat from dead balls.

At the end of the day I just don't see that we have enough world class players to expect to beat the teams in our group by more than 1 or 2 goals max. Crouch, Carrick, Ferdinand and Downing are all distinctly average. However Crouch is being picked because of his recent goals - would be very hard to drop him IMO. Carrick and Downing will be out when the squad returns to full strength. Ferdinand is the best of a poor bunch. If there was one criticism of McLaren I could give right now it would be that he picked a clearly out of form Wayne Rooney on Saturday and has repeated the mistake today.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Guinness Boy said:
I agree that Andorra are shit and our 2 subsequent performances were hardly mind blowing but I can't stand people slagging off McLaren after 4 games, none of which he's conceeded a goal in and 3 of which he's won. You can only beat what's in front of you. Both Lampard and Gerrard should be perfectly capable of delivering a big threat from dead balls.

At the end of the day I just don't see that we have enough world class players to expect to beat the teams in our group by more than 1 or 2 goals max. Crouch, Carrick, Ferdinand and Downing are all distinctly average. However Crouch is being picked because of his recent goals - would be very hard to drop him IMO. Carrick and Downing will be out when the squad returns to full strength. Ferdinand is the best of a poor bunch. If there was one criticism of McLaren I could give right now it would be that he picked a clearly out of form Wayne Rooney on Saturday and has repeated the mistake today.

At the moment our defence is our strong point and we're very poor going forward. So i think he's pretty stupid to mess around with the defence while leaving the front two as they are.
I'd play Bent and Crouch and the decide whether to play Lampard or Rooney as the attacking midfielder, or a 4-3-3

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The World Cup opened up for us. If we had played greater than the sum of the parts we would have won. Then they would have been a golden generation. This last World Cup was ours for the taking. Italy and France were not all that - on our day we could have beaten either of them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
garry nelsons left foot said:
With Gerrard, Cole, Hargreaves, Lennon, Owen and possibly Ferdinand missing it will be interesting to see how well we do. It's a great chance to see if we do have a decent squad or just a handful of big name players and a bunch of international journeymen. Also interesting to see how they react to failing to beat macedonia(for the second time in four games...).

Well, that's those two questions answered then.:( :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here