Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England World Cup Starting line-up

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
RonnieO'Sullivan said:

and u can't drop gerrard who is the best all-round midfielder in the world....

You can if he hasn't played really well for England in five years. Talent means nothing if you can't use it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** sake.
WHEN will people get away from this idea that Gerrard and Lampard MUST PLAY together ?

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
[GK] James
[RB] Neville
[LB] A Cole
[CB] Ferdinand
[CB] Campbell
[LM] J Cole
[RM] Beckham
[CM] Lampard
[CM] Gerrard
[CF] Rooney
[CF] Owen

If I were to drop a centre midfielder for a holding midfielder I would play Hargreves the only successful English Holding Midfielder.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Robinsons big fat and consequently things hit him, not actually that good a keeper.

John Terry is too rough and tumble for international football, playing against top class players, like last Tuesday, count the fouls against him, Campbell brings experience to the side.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'd like to see Sven try a 4-5-1 system before we go to the world cup. could be useful against the stronger countries.

Robinson (GK)
Neville (RB)
Terry (CB)
Carragher (CB)
Cole/Bridge (LB)
Carrick (holding midfielder)
Beckham (RM)
Lampard (CM)
Gerrard (CM)
Cole (LM)
Rooney (CF)

E

enigma

This is blinding...... James better than Robinson...brilliant mate... Are you related to him?

E

enigma

Redhead said:
Don't think so, David James is more agile and experienced that Robinson, also he doesnt play for Spurs, which is a big plus.

He is more agile? Hmm maybe...he's also more error prone and shit at crosses/corners etc.... I can think of any number of high profile clangers, whereas Robinson makes relatively few.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
enigma said:
he's also more error prone and shit at crosses/corners etc

Granted he has made a few mistakes but Beckham missed a penalty ( well numerous) and wasn't dropped, surely worth another look before the World Cup?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Redhead said:
He is, Paul Robinson is like MM lucky, when his luck runs out he'll go on an Albionesque streak.
Well Mr Head, you are clearly as mad as a bucket of frogs. You even make Sven sound like a tactical footballing genius. I shall bid you and your madcap England schemes goodnight.

:wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
sofa fella said:
I'd like to see Sven try a 4-5-1 system before we go to the world cup. could be useful against the stronger countries.

Robinson (GK)
Neville (RB)
Terry (CB)
Carragher (CB)
Cole/Bridge (LB)
Carrick (holding midfielder)
Beckham (RM)
Lampard (CM)
Gerrard (CM)
Cole (LM)
Rooney (CF)
And as for YOU dropping Michael Owen ?!

Sod this. I'm off to bed. All the mentals are out tonight.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Everyone seems to have this huge infatuation with people like Ronaldinho and Messi etc this is because we see them from a distance, Im sure people in spain and Brazil are saying the same about our team being fearful of our players, its only because we criticize our own players so much that we seem to have all but written our chances off. On our day we are without doubt a match for any team in the world bar none, look at Brazil who they got in defence? Lucio at centre half who is a frustrated centre forward and the Leeds reject Roque Junior an aging Roberto Carlos and Cicinho who are both better going forward than defending, I can see it being a dissapointing tournament for Brazil and anyone betting on them at short odds must be mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here