Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England World Cup Squad

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the squad is about to be announced in the next 10 mins, surely there will be a stupid selection somewhere along the line
What has fletcher got up his sleeve, will it be better than Theo Walcott in the soccerball world series?

We've won 4 games in a row in ODI's and we've got 2 warm up games against Australia and Bermuda before the group begins against New Zealand, Kenya and Canada

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anybody else think it's strange we are playing Australia AGAIN, as a warm up game. Personally I am sick of the sight of them.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm, interesting that Loye is out. Him and Nixon are the two that I think really got under the skin of the Aussies. I'd have kept him in for Strauss who has done f*** all to deserve his place on the plane. Broad in for Mahmoon would have been nice but I can see why they stuck with Mahmood.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
mendoza10 said:
15 man squad is............

Vaughan (c)
anderson
bell
bopara
collingwood
dalrymple
flintoff
joyce
nixon
monty
pieterson
lewis
mahmood
nixon
plunkett
strauss

That's 16 !?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
To concede runs? Mahmood is SHITHOUSE.

It's all this stuff about bowling as a unit. Anderson and Mahmood looked liked they were gelling at one point, as did Anderson and Lewis. I'm not a fan of Mahmood but bringing a fresh face in the attack may well disrupt what connection the bowlers have started to find with each other.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It's all this stuff about bowling as a unit. Anderson and Mahmood looked liked they were gelling at one point, as did Anderson and Lewis. I'm not a fan of Mahmood but bringing a fresh face in the attack may well disrupt what connection the bowlers have started to find with each other.

But the pitches out there are no longer that fast, so it is possible that bowlers with more variation such as Plunkett, Anderson and to an extent Lewis are going to offer more than raw pace, which is pretty much Mahmood's game at the moment.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Would have had Loye for Strauss or Vaughn and Broad for Mahmood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here