Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Vs USA Rollcall

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Limited Ticket Availibility

There are an extremely limited number of tickets still available for the game for those of you who fancy a post bank holiday treat, get there early as I would anticipate big queues and the game could yet sell out and you wouldn't want to be dissapointed.

Someone recommended to get off at Baker Street where there is a big pub right outside of the station. He said that is where a lot of the England fans go before the match. Then just pop onto the tube straight to Wembley Park.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
4 of us going, and the Burgess Hill Seagulls flag :clap:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Limited Ticket Availibility

There are an extremely limited number of tickets still available for the game for those of you who fancy a post bank holiday treat, get there early as I would anticipate big queues and the game could yet sell out and you wouldn't want to be dissapointed.

Realising I was off work with my 3 boys on half-term and not a lot planned for today I checked out the ticket situation. 50 each with no discount for kids. Errr 200 squid for a friendly? Maybe not. Suppose I should have got my act together in advance. Oh well will have to save my first visit to Wembley since 1996 for the playoff final next year.
PG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone recommended to get off at Baker Street where there is a big pub right outside of the station. He said that is where a lot of the England fans go before the match. Then just pop onto the tube straight to Wembley Park.

That sounds do-able.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
That sounds do-able.

That is the Globe, it is an awful pub and gets rammed. All the pubs round there do. If you want lots of "no surrender" chants and beer spilled over you, it's the place for you.

It's not ideal, but we're started going to Finchley Road where there is a shopping centre with a huge Witherspoons in it. Nearer the ground and get a beer and food easily.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Realising I was off work with my 3 boys on half-term and not a lot planned for today I checked out the ticket situation. 50 each with no discount for kids. Errr 200 squid for a friendly? Maybe not. Suppose I should have got my act together in advance. Oh well will have to save my first visit to Wembley since 1996 for the playoff final next year.
PG

No, why should you have planed earlier? It's the frickin FA and their rip off fans policy.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The FA must be worried that just 12 months after the opening of Wembley they cannot sell out for England matches.

The prices for this friendly are way way too high and the result is empty seats!

They do the right thing and make it pay on the day, then charge £50 and no reduced priced tickets!

Clowns the lot of em.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
The FA must be worried that just 12 months after the opening of Wembley they cannot sell out for England matches.

The prices for this friendly are way way too high and the result is empty seats!

They do the right thing and make it pay on the day, then charge £50 and no reduced priced tickets!

Clowns the lot of em.

I did a focus group thing foe the FA (got £60 and a signed England shirt!) and we all said they are taking the piss with friendlies against crap teams, that mean nothing. Either get better opposition, or reduce the prices.

But, instead we get the US of A and an away game against Trinidad & Tobago in order to persuade one of the most corrupt men in football to vote for our world cup bid!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Clowns the lot of em.

Er... surely the clowns are the fans paying to see a meaningless match?

Not so long ago, no one expected England friendlies to sell out.

Even if there are 10,000 empty seats tonight, the FA will pull in a shit load of dosh = very good business.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Clowns the lot of em.
It's not a sell-out but it's still WAY better than it used to be in terms of crowds for friendlies. I remember back in the 1980s going to see a friendly against East Germany (I think). We won 1-0 with a goal from Bryan Robson and the crowd was about 9,000.

(I'm writing this from memory, can't be arsed to look any of it up, so the 'facts' may not be 100% accurate).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Er... surely the clowns are the fans paying to see a meaningless match?

Not so long ago, no one expected England friendlies to sell out.

Even if there are 10,000 empty seats tonight, the FA will pull in a shit load of dosh = very good business.

The crowd will be 80,000+ tonight, terrific support.

:yahoo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
71,000 there tonight so a few empty spaces, but not a bad atmosphere, and Easy 8 was thrilled at the stadium (which really is quite a sight). Tickets were £60 for the two of us, we had a great day out, and will definitely be back for a qualifier.

Left the ground at 10 and was home by 12.45, not much queing at all at the tube. They've got it all running extremely well to be fair.

God I'm sounding like Crodo.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How many times have you been to see England at the new Wembley, Crodonilson?

Four times now and I am still in awe of the stadium, sends a shiver down the spine when you see the massive arch from many miles away.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So glad I didn't take the option of a ticket I was offered, it was more than £50, and for that dull match it would have seemed a real waste of dough.

Comments about the FA reducing prices for friendlies makes sense. Get the stadium packed, it might encourage the players to make more of an effort for their country. Also, would give those of lesser means the encouragement to try and buy a ticket to see the best England has to offer.

Like I said, the ticket I was offered for last night was just too much money for a friendly, and the atmosphere sounded decidedly on the quiet side. Having been to all the previous England games at "new" Wembley this one looked really disappointing, shall spend the money elswhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here