England Vs USA Rollcall

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yep, my first visit to the new Wembley.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It bloody was as well ! It was the final home warm-up before the World Cup I recall.
Probably the worst game of football I have EVER seen.

i thought the saudi keeper jumping up, grabbin g on the the bar and then falling off and injuring himself was pretty exciting

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i thought the saudi keeper jumping up, grabbin g on the the bar and then falling off and injuring himself was pretty exciting

I don't remember that incident at all. I'd probably nodded off by then.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
My flatmate and I are going to the England v Fulham match - we are hoping that as this is our second visit to the new ground we'll spend more time watching the game and less gawping at the surroundings whilst muttering "Awesome!" under our breath!

:lol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Anyone know the best way to get there and back?
Train is fine going (can get a direct service to Wembley Central), but coming back seems to be tonnes of changes. Is it better to just go to london Bridge and get the tube?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm planning on getting a Travelcard. Train to Victoria, tube to Wembley Park Station, then same again to get back.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'm planning on getting a Travelcard. Train to Victoria, tube to Wembley Park Station, then same again to get back.

Thats the route Im planning to take.

Is anyone drinking in London before?

And where are the best and most convenient places to drink??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats the route Im planning to take.

Is anyone drinking in London before?

And where are the best and most convenient places to drink??

I was wondering that. I'm travelling up at about 2pm, as I want to avoid the worst of the rush hour on the tubes, but I don't want to get to Wembley with 3/4 hours to kill. Any tips for "nearby" stations to jump off at for a bite to eat and a beer ?

Bueller ?
Bueller ?
Anyone ?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Looking at the Transport for London website it says you can get from victoria to wemberly in 40 mins by either tube to euston and then train to wembley central or tube to oxfordcircus and then bakerloo to wembley central

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looking at the Transport for London website it says you can get from victoria to wemberly in 40 mins by either tube to euston and then train to wembley central or tube to oxfordcircus and then bakerloo to wembley central

I don't want Wembley Central.
Going there, I want Wembley Park ideally (on the Metropolitan), cos thats the one that has the walk towards the Arch - mate of mine went, said its the thing to do.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Metropolitan and Jubilee line go to Wembley Park I think which was why I was thinking of going to London Bridge and then straight up the Jubilee.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I don't want Wembley Central.
Going there, I want Wembley Park ideally (on the Metropolitan), cos thats the one that has the walk towards the Arch - mate of mine went, said its the thing to do.

Getting home you can get the train from wembley central to portslade in 2hrs!

I meant to look for wembley park but put central instead!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
tube from victoria to green park and then jublee to wembley park is another option (not the one you wanted though)

It is actually. Thats what I'm planning on doing now.
Just wondering where to hop off on the Jubilee prior to Wembley Park for a couple of bevvies.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
There is a great pub outside Warren Street tube station, called Prince of Wales Feathers.

Its cheap, does great food, and has big screens, and a large space out front should it be sunny - think it was still £2.70 a pint when we went for the last game.

A short walk to Euston Square station and your at Wembley within 15 minutes.

Shame I cant make it to the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here