Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Krauts

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
Good on Terry for taking the blame for the German goal. Captain protecting his team mate :clap: (Still think Carson is as much to blame though!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good on Terry for taking the blame for the German goal. Captain protecting his team mate :clap: (Still think Carson is as much to blame though!)

Totally disagree Terry made no effort to call it and is a senior international and captain and should have known better.

Fair play to him though for accepting responsibility.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It was Terry's fault for the goal.

I saw Carson trying to explain himself to Terry at the end. He shouldn't have to, I hope the skipper takes the blame for it!

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
Totally disagree Terry made no effort to call it and is a senior international and captain and should have known better.

Fair play to him though for accepting responsibility.

Fair do's, but I felt Carson must have made a call as I can see no other reason why Terry would have blocked it off as he did.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Fair do's, but I felt Carson must have made a call as I can see no other reason why Terry would have blocked it off as he did.

From the fact that Carson didn't come charging straight out i don't think he did make a call and thus Terry probably is right that it's his fault. Never mind though, we won.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Germany were shit tonight, but come 2010 I'd still rather be in their boat than ours. However shit they are they have a way of reaching the latter stages of tournaments. However good we are we have a way of getting knocked out.

Good performance tonight though, but I don't particularly like Downing or Carson in an England shirt.

I'd normally agree with you about Downing, but he played very well tonight.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Stand out players tonight:

Upson, Carrick, Downing, Agbonlahor, Wright-Phillips

shit players tonight:

Defoe, Johnson, Bent

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What's with the Carson bashing?... Terry was 100% at fault for that, anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that, what does any good coach tell you when you are at school, 'if in doubt whack it out', Terry had ample oppurtunity to do so and chose not to, you know Terry knew he was to blame too by the fact he didn't let rip at Carson.

On a brighter note, Wright-Phillips, fantastic, man of the match by a mile.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sensational performance from what was effectively a 'B' Team, it shows we now have strength is depth and if the likes of Wazza, Stevie G, Lamps and JT don't step up to the plate or we lose them to injury we have more than able deputies.

Who says these friendlies mean nothing, the Volley went beserk when both of the England goals went it and it has been the talk of work this morning.

Well done boys for putting a smile back on the nations face in these gloomiest of times.

:bowdown:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
How can it be all Terry's fault if Carson got nutmegged??? Terry had a look behind him, saw the Herman striker, shielded the ball and Carson half heartedly came. If he comitted then we would have been fine. NO international keeper should have been nutmegged in that situation! :tosser::tosser::tosser:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How can it be all Terry's fault if Carson got nutmegged??? Terry had a look behind him, saw the Herman striker, shielded the ball and Carson half heartedly came. If he comitted then we would have been fine. NO international keeper should have been nutmegged in that situation! :tosser::tosser::tosser:

That's one way of looking at it.

The wrong one.

Terry clearly didn't shield the ball as the german striker got to it.

Carson was still a yard or two short of the edge of the area when he was nutmegged. If he had come to the edge I think he would have got it.

But fair play to Terry for taking the blame, good captaincy. When something goes wrong, its my fault. When something goes well, praise the others. It's called man management

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My take;

The goal was 90% Terry's fault. It WAS his mistake, but Carson could have saved Terry's skin if he'd been more commmitted.

Downing had probably his best game in an England shirt. Assists for both goals. He did enough that I'm prepared to accept he deserves a place in the squad. I pray that he didn't do enough that people think we need to have him first choice!

SWP excellent.

Carrick effective, though the commentators and Sheringham were WANKING over him so much that I almost wanted him to f*** up, just to shut them up.

Defence was good.

Bent DID miss the chance, and it was his fault. Yes he slipped, but why was he trying to hit it first time on the half-turn anyway? A more composed forward would have taken a touch, and passed it into the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here