Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Vs Gemany 3pm Sunday

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm going to put money on them knocking us out on penalties. Two evenly matched teams points to a draw, and they always win penalty shoot outs and we nearly always lose.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
He is freelance and pretty much directs broadcasting and manages the electronics. Does plenty of sport and does series such as holiday swap (or whatever it was called).

'directs broadcasting ' and 'manages the electronics' ?? Thats a new one ! Dont think anyone with that name (with 5 asterixs) . Does plenty of sport? , and i wouldnt know about 'holiday swap' ..whatever that is .

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ah ok, that makes sense. I didn't mean Director of Sport per se. I'm getting confuddled with the various job titles. Engineer sounds a bit more likely. It appears that he is at the top of his game, so I thought you might have come across him as he does freelance for BBC, ITV and Sky.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Polmany are going to absolutely f***ing rape us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just think:

Germans in the 2nd Round
Argies in the Quarters
Portugal (please!) in the Semis - if they beat Spain
Brazil or Fabio's Italy in the final

We can but dream.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dream on. England won't get past Argentina. Different class. Obviously.

The only way we could beat Argentina is if we outdid them tactically.

Their forward line is MILES better than ours, but their defence is definitely NOT.
Our manager is excellent, their's is....erratic.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant, four whole whole days of tiresome tabloid war references.

I wonder how many tin helmets we'll see on the front page between now and Sunday?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just had a look at the German tabloid Bild to see what they're saying. There's an interview with Beckenbauer in which he says that Germany have too much "power" for England (power is in English) He thinks that the English players are too tired after a long Prem season. There's also a sarcastic reference to our "Island friends", alluding to the reaction to Der Kaiser's comments about kick and rush football. There's also a poll asking whether Germany will beat England - I voted no but it's 3:1 at the moment.

Franz Beckenbauer über unser Achtelfinale: Wir haben mehr Power als die Engländer - Sport - Bild.de

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I hope we win, but we still need rooney to hit top form & the net.

Any advise where i can watch the game with an 8month old baby and an american wife elm grove / hanover side of town ?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I hope we win, but we still need rooney to hit top form & the net.

Any advise where i can watch the game with an 8month old baby and an american wife elm grove / hanover side of town ?

Setting Sun is possibly your best bet. Serene, quiet, plus the bar staff are the friendliest, sexiest bunch in the world. Ahem.

The Welly was pretty friendly yesterday but I know it's the other side of town. Laid on sarnies at half time and we had an impromptu drunken disco at the end of the game.

Would have thought anywhere big in Kemp Town would be alright. I'm gonna try the Thomas Kemp on Sunday, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here