Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Bangladesh

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sadly there needs to be a massive clear out starting with Moores and the Selectors.

Build for 2019 using Hales, Taylor, Root, Buttler and Jordan as they are young enough to start again?

The rest can go now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sadly there needs to be a massive clear out starting with Moores and the Selectors.

Build for 2019 using Hales, Taylor, Root, Buttler and Jordan as they are young enough to start again?

The rest can go now.

It's not just replacing personnel in my opinion, I think the whole structure needs to change. The delegation of power needs to change, the mentality. A coach in the modern game can't just turn up and advise and coach the team, they need to be empowered to make crucial decisions like I believe Australia did with Lehman. Everything is wrong with the setup and has been for a good few years. KP's book maybe nearer the truth than anyone has given credit to. This has been a slow decline and an even slower reaction to dealing with it.

Got a feeling we will sink even lower over the course of this year.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We are incredibly bad at ODI Cricket.

This is the sixth consecutive World Cup where we've stunk the place out. Given that at the beginning at any of this tournaments there are only 8 sides who can win it and one or two are bound to be going in not at their best to be so bad as to not reach the last four for six tournaments in a row is astonishing.

Make no mistake though, this is our worst ever World Cup. If people thought the football was bad last summer, the way we've played Cricket this winter would be the equvalent of losing 5-0 to Italy, 4-0 to Uruguay, 3-0 to Costa Rica, then been given another opportunity to qualify for the knockout stages by beating a World Cup minnow like Iran and then losing to them too.

Head MUST roll after that. Moores has got to go, and a fair few of the senior players should have played their last cricket for England.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At least Eoin Morgan can concentrate on playing for Ireland in the 1/4 finals now..............

He's just said:

‘we’ve played and picked a side to play a brand of cricket that we felt could have won the world cup!’

Deluded, as are most of the England camp.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Peter Moores - I THINK he just said he would have liked to have senior players like Cook and Trott in the team? REALLY?? :nono:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Peter Moores - I THINK he just said he would have liked to have senior players like Cook and Trott in the team? REALLY?? :nono:

He did say we were missing Trott, he also said 'We'll have to analyse the game data', he is so hopeless out of his depth.

That said, I have a lot of time for Trott, just not the solution right now!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
big bag of loose stool.......carrot , corn , tomato, meat but overall just shyte.....can they please just **** off now...*****.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps the selectors should just go back to picking as many South Africans as possible .......... they've been doing that for years!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just seen the result. My word, Bangladesh narrowly avoided a humiliating defeat there.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's not just replacing personnel in my opinion, I think the whole structure needs to change. The delegation of power needs to change, the mentality. A coach in the modern game can't just turn up and advise and coach the team, they need to be empowered to make crucial decisions like I believe Australia did with Lehman. Everything is wrong with the setup and has been for a good few years. KP's book maybe nearer the truth than anyone has given credit to. This has been a slow decline and an even slower reaction to dealing with it.

Got a feeling we will sink even lower over the course of this year.

coach yoda
manager fred west
physio ji "feckin" hadi jon

i am at a ****in loss ...how we get done by bangladesh is beyond me...very low point in british sport....!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mike Selvey has now blocked me on Twitter. Good to see the establishment can cope with criticism!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here