Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ENGLAND vs Azerbaijan (official thread)

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
The mighty England 2 Russian parks 11 0 oh dear.

2 games I have watched in the last week or so both have been disapointing. this one more so.

still few minutes left still time for another 11 goals here.

Yoda

English & European
Why is everyone moaning? ???

Azerbaijan were always going to come here with a damage limitation setup after Poland Saturday.

We've controlled the game (especially in the first half), but had to be patient as well.

The one disappointment for me is how poor the set pieces have been.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
F.T. 2-0 Oh dear.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I always knew it wouldn't be a stroll in the park. Azerbaijan gave a good show of themselves. The chances we had where unbelievable. Michael Owen needs to get out of Real Madrid and start playing regular first team football instead of sitting his arse on the subsitutes bench.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Was never going to be much of a match - and it shouldn't make any difference to our qualifying chances whether we'd won 2-0 or 6-0. Job done, it's always tough to break down that sort of side, especially as they came simply to lose by as little as possible after Poland. Can't figure out why Defoe didn't get a longer run though.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
You could definately tell owen hasnt been playing regularly- looked far from sharp tonight, and 50p head or what!!

As with others, dont get why people are moaning, we won, 3 points, yes it was only 2-0 but we got there in the end. When the whole nation is expecting 6/7/8 goals its obviously gonna put a bit of pressure on the lads, especially as it was blatently obvious that Azerbaijan were gonna defend with 11 men after their 8-0 defeat on saturday. Dont really think you can judge us from todays game!

two points.

1. I imagine Aby stan defended with 11 men against Poland and

how many times did we give that ball away:angry:

poor performance!

lc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here