Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Ukraine Sat July 3rd Official match thread

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team defend crosses so poorly. 3 free headers. Not a defender within a metre on any of them.

Shevchenko said afterwards that the loss of Kryvtsov on 36 minutes caused them a big problem as no other Ukrainian player could cope with our aeriel dominance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think our squad is the best at this tournament, and the options we have on the bench make us a very tough proposition.

Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Mount, Sancho, Saka, Calvert Lewin, Kane. We can’t even rotate through all our quality attacking players between games. Whatever team we play against Denmark, if we’re having issues breaking them down we have an array of potential match winners to bring on from the bench.

99% with you until, Calvert Lewin, who is ninth the answer to any international problem we may later have….
If Kane gets seriously injured and we have to pin our hopes on I’m, that’s when I’m worried

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think our squad is the best at this tournament, and the options we have on the bench make us a very tough proposition.

Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Mount, Sancho, Saka, Calvert Lewin, Kane. We can’t even rotate through all our quality attacking players between games. Whatever team we play against Denmark, if we’re having issues breaking them down we have an array of potential match winners to bring on from the bench.

99% with you until, Calvert Lewin, who is not the answer to any international problem we may later have….
If Kane gets seriously injured and we have to pin our hopes on him I’m, that’s when I’m worried

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t get this club/player bitterness when it comes to international football surely you want the best English players available playing. It’s a time to forget about club/league football get behind the team and enjoy the ride.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
99% with you until, Calvert Lewin, who is not the answer to any international problem we may later have….
If Kane gets seriously injured and we have to pin our hopes on him I’m, that’s when I’m worried

All you need is a distraction there enough around him to cause trouble.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We have become a machine. As cliche as it is, the World Cup semi final will be the don’t let it happen to us again moment.

It’s not the most pretty but it’s very efficient. If we were talking about Germany right now, we would be singing those praises. Same again against the Danes. Then a final that could be anyone’s on the day. Either way. A generational moment that if we make it everyone involved should be hugely proud of. Shame the next WC is so Tainted.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn’t even know there was a game on. I watched emmerdale instead. But thought we were shit. We are shit. We’ll lose as soon as we play anyone decent. I’d rather BHA won the prem than England won the euros. Southgate needs to go. We booed an anthem like others do against rivals but ours is worse. There’s a Ukrainian kid upset and we’ve made memes about it she’ll never see. The team are all egotistical arrogant ****ers. I don’t even support England or watch. Brexit and random men who are politicians make me embarrassed to be born here. We’ve even produced some serial killers. I’ve never felt more ashamed. I have a beard and drink coconut milk and read the guardian. I don’t hate palace, it’s such a strong word.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] is currently dancing round a pub somewhere I guess :)

You reckon he's finally jumped on the bandwagon?

I may jump on and watch 10 mins if England get to the final. But I can’t see THEM winning. I’m so cool.

Just a mates place with a number of others mate - it was funny but that’s for another time!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I didn’t even know there was a game on. I watched emmerdale instead. But thought we were shit. We are shit. We’ll lose as soon as we play anyone decent. I’d rather BHA won the prem than England won the euros. Southgate needs to go. We booed an anthem like others do against rivals but ours is worse. There’s a Ukrainian kid upset and we’ve made memes about it she’ll never see. The team are all egotistical arrogant ****ers. I don’t even support England or watch. Brexit and random men who are politicians make me embarrassed to be born here. We’ve even produced some serial killers. I’ve never felt more ashamed. I have a beard and drink coconut milk and read the guardian. I don’t hate palace, it’s such a strong word.

Can I Just add England fans all behave like caged BEASTS who have disgraced and shamed the nation :D

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah, that'll do.

We've won our last three games 1-0 then 2-0 then 4-0. It seems pretty clear cut that we're going to beat the Danes 8-0 in the semi and the Italians or Spanish 16-0 in the final.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yeah, that'll do.

We've won our last three games 1-0 then 2-0 then 4-0. It seems pretty clear cut that we're going to beat the Danes 8-0 in the semi and the Italians or Spanish 16-0 in the final.

Slight rewriting of the Scotland result there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They were valid points of discussion in the earlier games, we have gradually improved over the past one and a half games.

Not really.

You could see what the plan has been from game 1. Conserving energy to peak at the right time whilst controlling games on the way.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Now now. I’ve got a beard.

:lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

[emoji23][emoji2]

Full credit to you [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] , think I said before the tournament your enthusiasm for England is fantastic…..

I do recognise myself in at least one of those, about Brighton, which will always remain the case. Also didn’t rate Southgate, but he’s doing rather well. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
First game I’ve been able to see while not at work. Great table and atmosphere in the pub. Great game to be in a boozer for. Great night.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

:lolol: :lolol: :clap:

NO-ONE deserves this MORE than [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here