Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England do have a habit of losing to countries that weren't countries when half our fans were born.

I'm taking nothing for granted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So shit they topped their qualifying group unbeaten, winning at home and drawing away to Portugal.

Err....regardless of qualifying, I don't know who you think we are playing on Saturday, but they finished 3rd in their tournament group on 3 points and -1 GD, having lost to Holland 3-2 and Austria 1-0. Their only points were when they scraped past North Macedonia 2-1. They truly STUNK the place out in that Austria game as well (I should know, I foolishly included them in my acca).

I'm not taking anything for granted either, and its been a strange tournament, but I'm tempted to fit some chicken wire across the front of my TV. Because if England f*ck it up against THIS lot, then I will not be held resposible for my actions, nor my postings on here in the aftermath.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Err....regardless of qualifying, I don't know who you think we are playing on Saturday, but they finished 3rd in their tournament group on 3 points and -1 GD, having lost to Holland 3-2 and Austria 1-0. Their only points were when they scraped past North Macedonia 2-1. They truly STUNK the place out in that Austria game as well (I should know, I foolishly included them in my acca).

I'm not taking anything for granted either, and its been a strange tournament, but I'm tempted to fit some chicken wire across the front of my TV. Because if England f*ck it up against THIS lot, then I will not be held resposible for my actions, nor my postings on here in the aftermath.

:lolol:

See my Southgate thread...

He's brought it on himself !

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's very hard to know what's really going on.

There's talk of tickets potentially becoming available to people able to go, but no-one knows when or how.

But also apparently 68% have already been sold, so I'm also trying to track down one of them!

Euro 2020: England fans travelling to Rome for quarter-final clash against Ukraine will not be allowed in stadium, warns Italian embassy http://news.sky.com/story/euro-2020...wed-in-stadium-warns-italian-embassy-12346102

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Trouble is thats what the other three are thinking

True, but there will be a fear factor around us now. I know that may sound arrogant but come on - we haven’t conceded a single goal, and we’ve dictated practically every game we’ve played.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm tempted to fit some chicken wire across the front of my TV. Because if England f*ck it up against THIS lot, then I will not be held responsible for my actions

No:4 in a new series entitled: 'The Things You Wish TV Pundits Would Actually Say.'

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
True, but there will be a fear factor around us now. I know that may sound arrogant but come on - we haven’t conceded a single goal, and we’ve dictated practically every game we’ve played.

We're going to simultaneously inspire fear and lure them into a false sense of security.

Hopefully they'll be as confused by that as we are.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Really looking forward to the quarter finals, some intriguing games including this one.

Also, not sure if it's been pointed out elsewhere, but I heard on a podcast yesterday that not only do we have more players than Real Madrid in the Spanish squad, Brighton have more more players left in the quarter finals of Euro 2020 than Real Madrid!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:moo:

D2089A7A-80B2-4E51-9319-D0B95FB753F7.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's very hard to know what's really going on.

There's talk of tickets potentially becoming available to people able to go, but no-one knows when or how.

But also apparently 68% have already been sold, so I'm also trying to track down one of them!

England tickets are available for people who can travel, from the UEFA website. A colleague of my wife is permitted to travel and has now got a ticket. A friend who I had a beer with tonight is also permitted to travel and could have bought a ticket but flights were too expensive.

I’m not sure where the confusion is arising?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

No:4 in a new series entitled: 'The Things You Wish TV Pundits Would Actually Say.'

No 5: Lineker "Wonderful result, Alan. A tense night" Shearer "I was ****ing shitting myself, mate"

I didn't use Ferdinand because I could imagine him actually saying it.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh....

Screenshot 2021-07-03 050613.png

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good article about the Ukraine situation and their reaction to the Euros.

If England did lose at least some folk will have something to feel better about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57677177

Video at the bottom is worth a look. Makes you feel how lucky we are.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We’re going to throw it away, aren’t we?

As ever, it’s the hope that kills you. Bloody football; I bloody hate it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Correct if I'm wrong but we have a good record against them and they've never beaten us?

Football's coming Rome....

Edit: checked and they beat us in 2009, but we have a good record, won 4 drew 2 lost 1

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Think England will need to be patient, Ukraine keep possession very well . An early goal would help obviously however wouldn’t be surprised if it was 0-0 at half time with England winning 2-0 after 90 mins .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here