Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa Day 5 @ Centurion Park

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It seems a generous declaration to me, but that's Strauss out.

0/1 off 1.2 overs.

I agree, play normal cricket, get say 100 off 30 and then see where you are with 14 to go and 80-odd required.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is a bit of pressure on Key to show that he can cope with the situation and keep the board ticking over.

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Anyone watching this? Are England going for it. Is 12.5 on Sporting Index, where 25 pts for a win & 10 for a draw. 180 off 44 overs seems very gettable (if that's a word) What about the weather ??

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would be quite nice to toy with the South Africans a bit, and let them take, say, 8 wickets.

And then the remaining England batsmen demand to leave the field because there's a tiny, tiny bit of shadow in one corner of the pitch which slightly obscures the view of two members of the Barmy Army.

See how Graeme Smith likes it

:p

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thats a blow loosing Strauss so damn early, we still should'nt loose though so........he says :nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's only one session to bat, there's chuff all chance of England losing *hopefully*, so might as well throw the bat and go for it.

One team in this series has to be positive....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well, for me, I've had enough of Key.

The sooner we get Pietersen or Bell in the side the better.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Key doesn't deserve another chance. He's not only a poor batsmen at this level but he's CRAP in the field.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah i was hoping Key would make a name for himself after Butcher got injured but the pie-eater should be dropped indefinatley from now on, sorry fatty but bye bye :wave:

Kev the Ape

Robert Key aint the answer, Bell or Pietersen are. Robert Key can do some good stuff and then some bad stuff but thats the last straw he got to go.

Kev the Ape

Perry Milkins said:
Not convinced that Butcher was all that!!!!

When Butcher is in form he can really play superbly. I don't think Butcher had the best tour of his career with the bat because of his wrist problem, so hopefully we will see him play in the warm up matches to the Ashes against Bangladesh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here