Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] England v SA RWC Final

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gutted, we failed to do the basics right and then choked. Credit to SA for ramping up the pressure and coming back instantly when it looked like we had a toe hold. Humiliated by the end

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Im simplifying to make a poinr but a burly disciplined bunch of massive Boer farmers against a bunch of public school toffs🤔🤔🤔🤔

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
First up – well done South Africa. A superb performance from them that made England play them at their own game and England came up short.

For me the loss of Sinckler in the third minute was critical. It meant our tight head powerhouse was off, replaced by the technically superior, but far less powerful, Cole. This lead to 3 penalties and 9 points in the first half to the South Africans. It also meant that our tactical preference of holding the South African scrum until 60 minutes, and then bringing on Cole and Marler on the hour to turn the screw on their scrum in the final 20 was done for. (You could see the difference that Marler made when he came on, but by that time Cole was a spent force, and we were chasing the game).

South Africa’s dominance in the pack meant that the English backs could not get enough clean ball to try to impose a free running game on their opponents. The SA defence was up quick, and in line, meaning that we repeatedly failed to get over the gain line. Knowing the game was lost, we fell apart.

Would we have won if Sinckler has not gone off? possibly, but it was a mighty impressive South African performance so I’m not sure.

Now let’s shit on Norwich.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I agree.

At times there’s almost a degree of arrogance to it, almost tempting fate.

Anyway this afternoon is far more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel sorry for the all-year-round rugby fans but we've had enough shrieking English nationalism in the last four years to last a lifetime. So I'm pleased.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Im simplifying to make a poinr but a burly disciplined bunch of massive Boer farmers against a bunch of public school toffs🤔🤔🤔🤔

????

Did you actually see the SA team?

Most of them were of definitely not Boers!
If you listen to the England team rather than stick with fixed opinions, you would know that your statement is total botox!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very poor performance by England despite the key injury to Sinckler. South Africa were much the better team of the two.

However just as the Kiwis were to us last week, I'm pleased to say that English rugby fans were the model of grace in defeat here.

If only that generosity of spirit when the result doesn't go one's way could somehow transfer to other sports closer to home...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Im simplifying to make a poinr but a burly disciplined bunch of massive Boer farmers against a bunch of public school toffs��������

Didn't those four who learnt rugby in the same state school play today then ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whatever the disappointment of losing, Siya lifting the World Cup for South Africa is an emotional moment for those who remember apartheid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit to not knowing much about rugby but as a casual watcher I wonder if it would be more open and entertaining if they reduced the scores scored by kicking to just 1 point. Would that encourage teams to go for a try more often?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I must admit to not knowing much about rugby but as a casual watcher I wonder if it would be more open and entertaining if they reduced the scores scored by kicking to just 1 point. Would that encourage teams to go for a try more often?
No........that’s an encouragement to ‘spoil........and ...... do you know I really can’t be bothered to reply to rugby union flitters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here