Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England V Platinum Stars

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
SS news ticker says, and i quote:

'Platinum Stars v England - Coverage of England's final world cup warm-up game live from 3pm'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No-ones got it. Who cares, some even more pointless friendly

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Says on the yellow bar of Sky Sports News that they've got it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's bound to be another injury. I predict Heskey.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its hardly pointless.

We're on the eve of the World Cup and our players need to acclimatise and get used to playing at altitude. OK the RESULT doesn't matter, but lets bear in mind we're now going to have a back 4 that has not once played with each other. Ever. How much they'll learn this afternoon is debatable of course, but at least they won't be taking the field on Saturday having never even had the opportunity to have a bit of practice in a match situation.

And the acclimatisation aspect of this alone is crucial.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sky Sports | Sport News

"Follow live coverage of England's game with Platinum Stars on Sky Sports News from 3pm"

Wonder if they will show the whole lot, or are just going to dip in and out of it or something

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's bound to be another injury. I predict Heskey.
I'll go for Ledley King. In fact, I predict King goes up for a header with John Terry and they will clash heads. Terry will need to stitched up and will be 50/50 for Saturday, and King will be forced to retire.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'll go for Ledley King. In fact, I predict King goes up for a header with John Terry and they will clash heads. Terry will need to stitched up and will be 50/50 for Saturday, and King will be forced to retire.

Then Terry will be called brave and inspirational till England are knocked out

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hart
Johnson King Terry Cole
Wright-Phillips Gerrard Lampard Cole
Defoe Crouch

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Hart:yahoo:

Lennon for SWP and Rooney for Defoe and that's what should start!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No need to play Rooney. Interesting that Hart is in goal and Wright-Phillips. All he said was that players would get 45 minutes not that they would all start

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
but risk gerrard and lampard

Capello and everyone knows Rooney's qualities, there's nothing to be gained from playing him today. However, Gerrard and Lampard have often struggled playing together in midfield and so it seems quite essential to have a look at them together today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here