Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v New Zealand - 1st Test - Lords

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Just plumped for fifth day tickets (refund if less than 15 overs played). Just moved round the corner to Lords, my partner is a Kiwi and the weather is glorious so thought why not. Hopefully, it will be a great draw!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Robbo bowling klaxon

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ollie Robinson has been presented with his Test cap by Jon Lewis :clap2:

I don't know much about cricket so will probably tune in when he's presented with the finished one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
GOT 'IM!!!

Robbo strikes :clap:

Tom Latham b Robinson 23 (57b 2x4 0x6) SR: 40.35 • FOW: 58/1 (15.6 ov)

NZ 58-1 (16 overs)

Chopped on! Robinson celebrates his maiden Test wicket with a roar! In-between shot from Latham, neither forward nor back, as Robinson locates the length that has made him so successful in county cricket. It skews off the inside edge and onto the stumps, and England have their first wicket of the home Test summer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ollie!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:clap:

Previous delivery set it up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The only disconcerting thing about Robbo is that he's a Man Utd supporter - not really appropriate for a Man of Kent who plays for Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The only disconcerting thing about Robbo is that he's a Man Utd supporter - not really appropriate for a Man of Kent who plays for Sussex

It could be worse. He might have been a KENTISH MAN.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In case anyone missed it earlier

[tweet]1400052924416417800[/tweet]

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gone large on laying the draw at 2/1, so few draws in test cricket these days, I think England have drawn only 4 of their previous 48 test matches at home and some of those were rain affected, with weather set fair for all 5 days this looks a great bet.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I LOVE Test Match Cricket, there is nothing like it. :clap:

Having said that unless Broad & Anderson get their collective arses into gear this afternoon were loose... :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I LOVE Test Match Cricket, there is nothing like it. :clap:

Having said that unless Broad & Anderson get their collective arses into gear this afternoon were loose... :nono:

Kane Williamson b Anderson 13 (33b 2x4 0x6) SR: 39.39 • FOW: 86/2 (25.4 ov) :clap:

Bowled him! Seventh time he's dismissed him in Tests! Massive, massive wicket for England. Another batsman chops on. One of those occasions when Williamson's soft hands may have done him a bit of harm. Back of a length, nips in a touch from outside off, and he goes on the back foot to defend. Hits the inside half of the bat, then the pitch, then spins back to upset the furniture

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here