Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England U21's

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Nice to see an England performance with passion and commitment. Their keeper was blatantly cheating by rushing out of his goal. Flapping dutch clown.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
They did the whole of England and their respective sides proud last night and the last couple of weeks.

Just to prove that there is a lot of upcoming english talent, and that they can easily play at a high level, which means that the future of english football is not in danger. Players like Steven Taylor, Leighton Baines and Justin Hoyte can easily slip into the main england squad IMHO. World Cup 2010 anyone ? :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the start of the penalties, I think it was Taylor said that the goalie would be the difference because he was class and on top form and predicted we would get through.

After 13 odd penalties against him he only went the right way twice or three times I seem to recall.

why is it that pepe rainer( sp?) can guess 9 times out od 10 but this bloke hadn't a scooby? not detrracting from the penalty scorers who were bloody excellent

Albion Rob

I don't think we've had a keeper who is any good at saving penalties since Seaman.

James wasn't up to much in Euro 2004 and the same for Robinson in WC06.

Shame because I honestly think one of the reasons we screwed up so badly in the last two penalty shootouts is that the players knew Ricardo had a reputation as a good penalty stopper and it played on their minds.

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
to be fair Carson only dived the right way 3 times as well! the Dutch keeper was a cheeting **** and its outrageous the ref didn't see that!! Carson should be saying something as he has a good view of it all!!! a thrilling penalty shootout, and the only four penalties missed by england in the tournament were by black players! too much pace/power and not enough technical ability, what is happening to the great game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here