Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The rest of your post seemed serious but that?

Owen is training on his own at Man Utd, so not available for selection. My comment was really a nod at the fact the options are so weak Campbell has come into the frame.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My comment was really a nod at the fact the options are so weak Campbell has come into the frame.

That was my first thought on hearing the squad. Campbell has played what, 2 games since returning for Sunderland? I just think it shows how desperate we are for strikers, but we've know for quite a while that we're short up front. Welbeck is being hailed as the messiah, despite being a very average prospect playing in a very good team.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Danny Graham should be in there or Grant Holt.

If Pearce gets to keep it for the summer, we should got back to basics. 4-4-2, two wingers and two big blokes up front

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Danny Graham should be in there or Grant Holt.

If Pearce gets to keep it for the summer, we should got back to basics. 4-4-2, two wingers and two big blokes up front

:lolol:
Are you sure you didn't mean to say, "If Tony Pulis gets it for the summer...".

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with Uncle Buck. His goal scoring record at international level speaks for itself.

42 caps - 22 goals.

And he's not in the squad.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hart

Richards Shawcross Cahill Cole

Young Gerrard Barry Etherington

Crouch Holt

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
--------------- Hart ----------------
Richards -- Cahill -- Jones -- Cole
------ Parker --- Cleverley -------
Sturridge ---- Rooney ----- Young
------------- Welbeck -------------​

Bit United-heavy. Parker captain.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We need to prepare for the Euros. This is exactly why I would have Rooney in the squad - after all he is one of the Senior players these days (how did that happen?). It is also the reason why I wouldn't start him. We'll have to work out our best 11 without Rooney, otherwise it'll be another mediocre summer.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The issue with that squad and generally is the strikers.

Wellbeck has only scored 6 goals this season, Cambell has been injured for about 10 months and Rooney is suspended for the first 2 games.

Bent is looking better for England, but plays in a Villa team that does not attack and Sturridge is OK'ish, but not exactly in the goals.

As much as Crouch is a lanky streak of p1ss, he does give England another option and does have a strange habit of scoring when playing for England.

Oh god please not crouch... we will just resort to wimbledon style hoof it up there... He is well suited to Stoke and thats it...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
That was my first thought on hearing the squad. Campbell has played what, 2 games since returning for Sunderland? I just think it shows how desperate we are for strikers, but we've know for quite a while that we're short up front. Welbeck is being hailed as the messiah, despite being a very average prospect playing in a very good team.

defoe surely over him....

Hart

Richards
Lescot
Cahill
Cole

Lennon
Parker
Gerrard
Milner

Rooney
Sturridge (defoe)

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Pleased about the dropping of the old crap, but Downing...WHY?? IMO he is utter rubbish, would seriously rather have Buckley. I'm not too sure about the Man U youngsters either, Cleverly especially is miles overrated. No idea why Campbell is in the squad, he scored one good goal, but has done pretty much nothing else for a long time. It is a travesty that Oxo Chaberlain isn't in, he is pure class.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
----------------- Hart -----------------
Walker --- Dawson --- Lescott --- Baines
--------- Parker ------ Gerrard ---------
Walcott -------- Rooney ------- Downing
-------------- Bent --------------------

That's the way for me at the moment. Wilshere would walk into the team and make it a 3 man midfield. No-one better than Walcott on the right, which is saying an awful lot. I like Danny Sturridge, but I don't like inverting wingers, left footers and right footers are best served on their natural flanks for me. Old fashioned opinion, but one I still maintain. On the plus side, there's not going to be an argument about our best goalkeeper for a decade or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here